Thinking

1 Conversation

Now obsolete on Earth, the former art and science of thinking have been driven into hiding amongst the members of some subcultures (such as hackers (oppose cracker and programmer), maybe half of all living engineers, and anyone with a true desire to make large sums of money (some of these are very clever)) with the advent of the Television, and other forms of sensationalized "entertainment media". Make no mistake, "News" on Earth is a form of entertainment.

Members of these subcultures are universally shunned until needed to maintain or advance the state of the art in media entertainment. The technological undesireables are usually employed by those who want money (NOTE: Bill Gates is entertainment media and NOT a member of any form of technically useful subculture.)

So it's like this, the technologically literate are used by the greedy to get the money of the unthinking masses whos minds are sterilized under the guise of "entertainment".

Compare to the racist (See entry on "thinking") theory that the Jews are using the Blacks to get revenge on the Whites. Or was it one of the other ways? Obviously, no sense can be made of it.

Under no circumstance should a member of Homo Sapiens be presumed to be behaving in a logical or intellingent manner. Never assume that one is thinking. They think in groups on even rarer occasions. See: NASCAR, NFL, NBA, [the baseball one, of whose name I am unable to THINK], PGA, LPGA, CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN especcially, BBC, PBS, EU, USSR, USA, any congress of a political nature, and actually any organization well known by an acronym.

The art and science of thinking has been recorded in several erudite tomes, and may someday see the light of day again when they are mistaken for entertainment. See "schools" and "parents".

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A38161

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more