Tasty Jam Sponge Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Tasty Jam Sponge

4 Conversations

The Jam Sponge Cake is a great, easy-to-make food and an excellent source of nourishment. You're probably wondering how to get your hands on a jam sponge right now. Well, here's a simple-to-follow recipe to create the perfect jam sponge.

Ingredients

  • 115g flour
  • 115g butter or margarine
  • 115g white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 115g icing sugar
  • A jar of jam

Method

Put the flour, margarine, and sugar into a mixing bowl, and then break the eggs into the bowl. Mix the ingredients using an electric mixer1, and spoon into two round, greased cake tins, about 18cm (7 inches) wide, and 3cm (1 1/4 inches) deep.

Bake the cake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 15 minutes. When the cakes are ready, remove them from each tin, and place on a rack to cool.

The Filling

The filling is butter icing and jam as follows:

  • 115g icing sugar
  • 55g butter or margarine

Mix the icing sugar and margarine in a bowl using a wooden spoon until creamy and then spoon it over one half of the cake. You have to wait till the cake is cool first, otherwise the icing will melt. Then spread some jam over the top of the icing, and finally place the second half of the cake on top of that.

Enjoy.

1Or just mix the ingredients the old fashioned way.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A378236

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more