A Conversation for Spiritual Satanism

Why Worship Satan?

Post 1

drumminfreek

Why in the world would you ever want to worship satan???smiley - laugh
That is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard! what good can come of that at all? *raises hand* oh, oh!! i know!! NOTHING! Just to let yall know im a Christian and feel that this shouldn't even be up!
an upsetting goodbye,
~**PHIL**~


Why Worship Satan?

Post 2

Enkiraeyn Hollenfeuer Teufel von Herzeleid

I wonder? Maybe the fact that he and his gods ("demons") and his religion existed thousands of years before your supposed "god" and his warped religion did. And maybe the fact that I know these gods and what they are about and can interact with them, unlike christians can with their "god". Also, I'd like to let you know that many people have tried, and FAILED, to convert me to christianity or to get me to stop my religious practices.

--Enkiraeyn
Warrior of Satan


Why Worship Satan?

Post 3

drumminfreek

im not tryin to "CONVERT" u. And Satan was an angel. when he tried to overtake God he was defeated and cast into the depths of hell. so actually God created the angels so he existed before satan. all he is is a fallen angel. now im not making fun of u but can i ask why u want to go to hell? smiley - erm Pleez respond.
~**PHIL**~


Why Worship Satan?

Post 4

Enkiraeyn Hollenfeuer Teufel von Herzeleid

That's simple. Enki, who I know to be Satan, was a god of the Sumerians, the first known civilization, tens of thousands of years before anything remotely resemblying christianity came around. The bible took the gods of the ancients and twisted them so they were completely unrecognizable and "demons" in the bible. Most people say "well if Enki was the creator god, then he was 'god'". If you read the bible, "god" was a mean, vengeful person who really didn't care who he stepped on, and, if he existed, would have a completely different personality than enki. I know the gods and quite frankly all that I say I have witnessed firsthand or very similar events firsthand. Satan "was" and angel IN THE BIBLE, which, by the way, was created after Enki had been around for tens of thousands of years. He doesn't, and never has had, need to scare his followers with "the fiery depths of hell". I have seen hell and quite frankly it's very nice, if you like all the luxury and happiness and fun you could ever imagine, not to mention eternity with the gods. And I never said you were trying to convert me, I just said people like you have. Also, by the way, you did insult me and my religion with your comments. Just think how offended you are by people not believing whole-heartedly that your god is almighty and wonderful; and how obviously disgusted you are with people who actually have contrasting beliefs to your own (ie: satanists...aka:ME).


--Enkiraeyn
Hollenfeuer Teufel...Die Verdammten


Why Worship Satan?

Post 5

TallTony

Hey guys...this is not about judging what is morally correct enough to enter the Guide. This is meant to be a complete Guide, an online encyclopedia, and this requires an A-Z of entries, it's meant to be objective and neutral and not about promoting the morales of any faith. Christianity and Satanism deserve equal objective entries in the Guide so long as they are properly researched and written. We need clear articles explaining and defining things which help a public understand what the subject is about e.g. what Satanism is (obviously not the pros and cons of worshipping), its origins etc. If I wanted to read about the evils of Satanism I'd find that material elsewhere, probably on a Christian website or available literature.smiley - biggrin
Please recognise that your valid contributions are valuable to the reader.


Why Worship Satan?

Post 6

TallTony

In fact guys, we could do with two articles for the Guide

1. Why Satanism is considered dangerous: a Christian perspective.
2. Satanism as a positive force: a Satanists perspective.

Problem solved.smiley - biggrin


Why Worship Satan?

Post 7

drumminfreek

I like your idea. and im sorry if i offended you. smiley - sadface 2 different perspectives would be a very good idea. and im not so sure of the history of god so im not gonna argue and end up lying so i wont say anything else. u can believe watever you'd like.

~~*PHIL*~~


Why Worship Satan?

Post 8

TallTony

Don't worry Phil, you haven't caused any offence at all smiley - hug...I just think that the both of you have valid opinions and rather than losing your thoughts in debate I think it would be both constructive and positive to have both of your sides written down as instructive articles for the Guide. Yes you are right, both of your opinions are about belief and what's important about faith and belief is that there are members of the public who are genuinely interested in understanding such beliefs that I think your thoughts as a Christian would be valuable to the reader. I hope I haven't confused you in my initial posting, I would like to see both of your views as constructed articles if possible...would you consider doing this for the guide?
smiley - biggrin


Why Worship Satan?

Post 9

Enkiraeyn Hollenfeuer Teufel von Herzeleid

I wrote an article, it's, hopefully, fact-based enough. I believe it is all based on facts, though in a few sentences, my personal opinion may have come through, though most is an explanation of Satanism. Or, more exactly, Spiritual Satanism, because the only thing on Satanism in the "real" or editied part of the guide is on LeVay Satanism. I just felt like letting you all know this, as you were saying there whould be equal representation and articles.

--enkiraeyn
Hollenfeuer Teufel...Die Verdammten


Why Worship Satan?

Post 10

Enkiraeyn Hollenfeuer Teufel von Herzeleid

By the way, the article is called "Spiritual Satanism", A3531115.

--enkiraeyn
Hollenfeuer Teufel...Die Verdammten


Why Worship Satan?

Post 11

l_companion



I never ever could understand why people have set definition regarding god. To me, god is neither Enki nor Jesus or any nameable person. God is the eternal mystery for we human being just like the life which is our very own remains a mystery to us forever. At the most, god can be supposed to be the the Creator of Uiverse inside which we human being are a very miniscule entity.God is the creator of Nature and its processes in which we human being live and exist.


Why Worship Satan?

Post 12

l_companion



I never ever could understand why people have set definition regarding god. To me, god is neither Enki nor Jesus or any nameable person. God is the eternal mystery for we human being just like the life which is our very own but still remains a mystery to us forever. At the most, god can be supposed to be the the Creator of Uiverse inside which we human being are a very miniscule entity.God is the creator of Nature and its processes in which we human being live and exist.

l_companion


Why Worship Satan?

Post 13

TallTony

Hi Companion,

The Guide obviously needs entries on all aspects of faith and of course problematic issues such as the definition of God cannot easily be resolved with a single answer. My response to both the creator of the article and an interested Christian member is to say that this is the very reason why ideas and perspectives are lost in purely theological debate whereas the reader can benefit from all of these views by having access to different constructive opinions in the form of reviewed entries for the online encyclopedia. It is not positive or constructive to merely approach a researcher and condemn their work if they themselves are interested in providing some genuine work which will educate the reader. The defintion of god is, at best, a subjective one which is why many cultures past and present have different names for gods and different aspects. A good entry to this guide discussing deities and montotheism would certainly highlight the issue you are raising. smiley - smiley


Why Worship Satan?

Post 14

drumminfreek

i agree tall tony. if it has not already been done im going to start another blog or whatever it is, as to a christians point of view. and if i may add for companion that maybe even an atheists view of a "god".
lemme kno what you think.
~~*PHIL*~~


Why Worship Satan?

Post 15

TallTony

Phil,
I'll be really happy to read your submission, looking forward to it, the Guide needs really good balanced material and I'm sure you'll be able to provide this.
I'll keep a look out for it in Peer Review section, let me know when you want me to read it over.
smiley - hug


Why Worship Satan?

Post 16

drumminfreek

all rite ill let u kno when it is up...Thanx!!
smiley - biggrin
~~*PHIL*~~


Why Worship Satan?

Post 17

RingoZingo

My many years of research into Mesopotamian archaeology and comparative world religions, espicially those of the ancient near east, give me the liscence to point out these certainties : Enki or Ea does not correspond with the biblical Satan. If anything Enki equates with Yhvh as evidenced in the Gilgamesh epic where he forwarned Atra Hasis of the impending deluge just as in the biblical tale of Noah and the flood. Satan or Shytan is a title meaning "accuser" what today we might call a prosecuting attorney-although it has come to mean devil in Islam, Christianity, and Judiasm. Such as the character called Satan found in the book of Job.The "fallen angel" lucifer story is recalled in and can be traced to the tradition of Islam with the story of Iblis who was a djinn or genie who did not worship Adam out of pride and was subsequently confounded. Enlil was never connected with Beelzebub.Enlil means "Lord wind" he was the god of air & storms head of the sumerian pantheon as of 2500 B.C. who's sacred precint was the city of Nippur,as opposed to Beelzebub who later became known as lord of flies, however this was originally a Philistine god of Ekron named Ba'al zhebuhl, much of how we view this god today comes from Milton's Paradise lost and the pseudepigrapha. Lucifer is still worshiped today by a sect called the Yezedis in Iraq, they call this being "Melek Taws" the peacock king with feminine qualities, who according to them was long ago pardoned for his transgression.In the New Testament Satan is described as a dragon with seven heads, in an apocalyptic vision, this is a reference which harkens to Tiamat the five headed female chaos dragon of the salt water sea defeated by Marduk who was described as king of the universe who fashions the earth and cosmos out of the wreck of Tiamat's rout.This battle is recalled in the book of Genesis when the world was without form and void and God moved over the face of the waters of the deep in some translations "Theom" a Hebrew word meaning Tiamat, also in the passages relating to the sea monster leviathan vanquished by Jehovah just as Enki god of sweet waters wrestled Kur akin to the Hittite myth where Anu defeated Alaus and banished him to the underworld and later Kumarbis or even like the Teshub V.S. the dragon Illuyankas or a myriad other ancient hero/monster combat myths from around the globe.~RingoZingo


Why Worship Satan?

Post 18

TallTony

Nice to hear from you Ringo, but your comments but also be useful as an articulated article that emphasises the points you are making. I am a little familiar with a couple of the references you are making but I'm uncertain about others e.g. the link between Mesopotamian deities and those in the Judaic tradition that now exists in Christian belief. I think you ought to submit an article that contains your information.smiley - biggrin


Why Worship Satan?

Post 19

TallTony

Nice to hear from you Ringo, but your comments will also be useful as a full length article that emphasises the points you are making. I am a little familiar with a couple of the references you are making but I'm uncertain about others e.g. the link between Mesopotamian deities and those in the Judaic tradition that now exists in Christian belief. I think you ought to submit an article that contains your information.smiley - biggrin


Why Worship Satan?

Post 20

l_companion

hi! Tony

i agree with your idea.


companionsmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post