Moments

0 Conversations

Moments are not, as often believed, periods of time. The word describes a certain situation by framing it in a nebolous time scale of almost infinite shorth. This makes it valuable by reminding us of its own transitoriness. As a side effect you might recognise your own mortality -for some an unpleasant and disturbing feeling.

You will never ever find moments behind bars: cameras, camcorders and similiar equipment fail to catch what are wild and free-to-be creatures. Their habitat is the presence, their behaviour unpredictable. Moments come into existence the instant you name them. They cease as quick as they occur and nothing remains of them except a few vague memories and a heavy feeling of -depending on the nature of the moment- either loss and sadness or deepest relief.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A330445

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more