A Conversation for Design Sketches from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie

Send your questions to the movie's Director and Producer

Post 21

Jim Lynn

Here are the first answers. Plain text at the moment - I'll tart it up, but I thought you'd be keen to see it, warts and all.

A3513359

There will be three more installments, all expected this time Wednesday afternoon.


Send your questions to the movie's Director and Producer

Post 22

webbut

Will the athour(i forget his name) going to do any of the vioces

smiley - winkeye


Send your questions to the movie's Director and Producer

Post 23

Beatrice

Q. How about including Powderfinger's song "Don't Panic" somewehere on the soundtrack?


Send your questions to the movie's Director and Producer

Post 24

JD

Cheers, Jim! Thanks for the quick turnaround post.

It looks as if they've more or less answered one of my questions about the nature of the music/score. I've learned more about them (I'd known virtually nothing about them - just a couple of guys, I expect) as I read the various interview responses. Particularly when Garth Jennings is listing his favorite moments about the production - that kinda said it all for me, just how integrated everything is and how happy and excited they are about the project. smiley - biggrin

I gotta tell ya (note my American accent), I'm really feelin' good about all this now. smiley - winkeye If they're as fanboys as I am, and it seems that this is largely the case, then I'm honestly feeling it's going to be a real treat to see the final product. It sounds like their vision will make it to the screen, too. The DVD should be very entertaining to see people enjoying making the movie. That kind of fun can only be a plus for the final outcome.

- JD


Send your questions to the movie's Director and Producer

Post 25

JD

Actually, I should have clarified my earlier question about the score - to me, the music done for the radio series (largely the work of Paddy Kingsland, but also that of Jean-Michael Jarre and other classical pieces) really fit perfectly. I was worried that perhaps the music would be more "typical score" stuff and not as ... well, as electronic as it could (and should, IMHO) be. That was more or less what I was trying to ask previously. Having said that, of course, too much electronic stuff could make it simply sound very dated ... hmm. Tough call.

- JD (hates decongestants and antihistamines - they make him giddy and forgetful)


Key: Complain about this post

Send your questions to the movie's Director and Producer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more