A Conversation for Design Sketches from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie

Where's the other head?

Post 1

emma239

Does anyone else notice the distinct lack of anyone with 2 heads? (i.e. Zaphod. Have they chopped the second head?


Where's the other head?

Post 2

Jim Lynn

The second head definitely features in the movie, but we shall have to wait to find out how they are doing it. In one draft of the movie, the second head even had a part to play in the plot.


Where's the other head?

Post 3

Ariston

Are both heads being played by Sam Rockwell? I had originally pictured the possibility of having two separate actors.


Where's the other head?

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit raising all five arms
"I know!, I know where his other head is! "


Where's the other head?

Post 5

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

really wheres that???


Where's the other head?

Post 6

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit chasing the queen of hearts
"In the next time frame ofcourse, they only had money for one at the time. In the next picture you see the other head.

Besides film budget it also reduces on the catering costs as he is only able to consume half the amount of beer.

Oh, and you will not notice in the end result as the frames are fast enough to hide this detail. smiley - biggrin"


Where's the other head?

Post 7

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Well no because he can still only drink the same amount of alcohol, just at a faster rate. He has two heads, not too stomachs.


Where's the other head?

Post 8

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Or maybe Im too drunk to know how alcohol works.


Where's the other head?

Post 9

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit sipping his hot black smiley - coffee
"As far as I know on a non profit base."


Where's the other head?

Post 10

jynnantonnyx

Do not worry about 1 or the other head missing.

As long as it is not only joke and special effects, but philosophy...

But is this possible with a movie? I mean, you don't have time to stop the film in the cinema, sit back and think awhile. You have to go the director's pace, don't you.

This smartly contradicts the goal "interactivity". But what we learned is, that contradiction is good.

So consequently, the movie will surely be the best media platform for the story/characters/atmoshpere?!?!?!

Please help me get the knot out of this line of thoughts


Where's the other head?

Post 11

.

|- --| ----/ -\--| | -- |\- -|\-- \--/ -|--|-/.

-- |--/ -- || |- --| --|/ /-\- --/ -/--|-| -||--|-, \-| /\||---/\/...

--| |- |\|- /---|\|- -||\ - ---|-? | ----, /-- \--'| \--- ||-- |- -|-/ ||- |||- |- ||- -|----, -|| \--| --/ |\|-/ --\||-. |-- \--- |- /- ||- \----|--'- /---, \--'| /--.

|\|- ----||/ ---|--/|-|- |\- /--| "|-|----||-||/". --| -\-| -- |-----/ |-, |\-| ---|--/|-||-- |- /--/.

-- -----\---||/, |\- ---|- -||| ----|/ \- |\- \--| --/|- /|-||--- |-- |\- -|--//-\----|---/-|---\/---?!?!?!

-|---- \-|/ -- /-| |\- \--| --| -| |\|- ||-- -| |\--/\|-

Hmm, I have got all the knots out of the words, but I still do not get it. smiley - cdouble


Where's the other head?

Post 12

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit in a golden chamber
"I think you are right with the interactivity part. A movie is great just the audience should be more involved.

Just a running Chesterfield Sofa would be great. And of course the inevitable Gargle Blaster as a warm up. And do not forget you can only enter the building if you got your towel.

Free tickets if you are 42 smiley - biggrin"


Where's the other head?

Post 13

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

How about 4.2? or 42x10 to the power of x?


Where's the other head?

Post 14

tallsmallshyguy

I found this site with pics. http://www.kingstreetmedia.tv/hhg/index.htm

Looks like one head.


Where's the other head?

Post 15

Jim Lynn

Well, that's behind the scenes, before any post-production. If they're doing the head as CGI you won't see it in these shots.


Where's the other head?

Post 16

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

I see.


Where's the other head?

Post 17

lil_fred333

i'm prettyu convinced he will have another head.. in the behinds the scences footatage, the actor had his head cocked to one side the whole time... perhaps they'll edit in the extra head later.. or perhaps the actor has a serious head injery and can't put his head upright.smiley - erm


Where's the other head?

Post 18

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

In which case they should take advantage of the situation and put an extra head on. They need the extra head anyway. It wouldn't be the same without it.


Where's the other head?

Post 19

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit looking three ways
"Hmm, sounds like there is a documentary in it. Hidden inside the second extra head there could be room for a documentary about the tricks and trades of mounting a third extra head in the final production."


Where's the other head?

Post 20

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Three heads? What have I missed?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more