A Conversation for Design Sketches from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie

Is it...?

Post 81

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Tell me about that....


Is it...?

Post 82

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Its very useful - you tell it how much you want to bid - maximum, and it will bid on your behalf at the last possible moment the minimum it can to win the item.

There are several sniping services out there.

I've "won" a fair amount of stuff using it - see esteal.net for a free version (although they say its in beta so there may be some bugs - but I've yet to encounter any).

Argon0


Is it...?

Post 83

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

That sounds useful... Only I often change my mind on my minimum once I realise I cant be trusted with money at all.


Is it...?

Post 84

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

You can always go and change it - its not like you've placed a bid with e-bay itself... (esteal ONLY bids at the last minute on your behalf).


Is it...?

Post 85

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Well there is that.

I missed out on a Chaise long the other day. Don't know what it went for but it was really nice but whoever used it bet much higher than I could afford with P&P as well.


Key: Complain about this post