C+S Saloon, Brockport, New York, USA Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

C+S Saloon, Brockport, New York, USA

2 Conversations

C+S Saloon is a bar located off the main street in Brockport, New York. It can be found on the south side of the canal bridge, two doors down from Barbers Bar and Grill.

Upon entering the main door, the visitor immediately notices the stale air of broken dreams that permeates the whole place1. Regardless of this, the C+S is by far the best liquor swilling establishment that this little upstate New York town has to offer. The drinks are cheap and the beer selection is very good, both foreign and domestic2. The food is cheaper than cheap - they almost give it away, and sometimes do if something is in danger of going bad. There is nothing exotic here, but if you like your meals fried then you're all set.

Now that you have had a few drinks and eaten your fill you will have to find some way to waste your time between trips to the bar for a refill. One option, and one which provides a visual clue to the destitute manner of the bar, can be found just to the right of the main entrance3 in the form of a shuffle-board style bowling game dating back to circa 1950. Apart from this, you have either the standard billiards and darts, or a selection of exotic video games from the early 1990s. Samurai Showdown is really the only way to properly say to the crowd 'I'm a geek and proud of it...' unless of course you are too cool for such graphic displays of violent, dismembering action, in which case the bar also offers such nostalgic hits as Centipede and Ms Pac Man.

1What else did you expect from a bar named after someone who sold the place a long time ago?2Some of the imported brews are only available in the 24oz size, which more often than not works to the connoisseur's advantage.3There is in fact another entrance, but it is located to the rear of the bar proper and is on the doorstep of the local police department.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Edited Entry

A307090

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more