A Conversation for The Hitchhiker's Movie Competition!

No Subject

Post 21

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Gotdagnabbit son of a ******
Got a great pic I would've entered as well.


No Subject

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Actually, I was being hypothetical, Jimster. (We smiley - devil's advocates tend to be that way smiley - winkeye) I don't have a photograph I would want to send, nor do I want to be an extra in the film. (I wouldn't mind being a star, but that would be a far stretch, wouldn't it? I sing, I tell jokes, no dancing to mention, but there probably wouldn't be much dancing in *this* film anyway smiley - tongueout)

But if you're getting good photos from all over the world, then I will stop worrying about that. smiley - smiley If I *were* allowed to send a photo (and if I had a good photo to send), it would be a photo of a silversword (rare plant found only on Mount Haleakala on the island of Maui) or a monarch butterfly (not rare at all, but strangely enough it is *also* found on Haleakala. Dandelions are found there, too, but I ain't thinking of photographing those smiley - nahnah)


No Subject

Post 23

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Jimster:
Thanks for having something "in the works" for the rest of the world outside the UK. I'll just hold onto...this wonderful...photo... And patiently await the opportunity to submit it.
smiley - cool
B4thenextcontest


No Subject

Post 24

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Sent my pics in before I read that part (yes plural, I couldn't decide). Can I enter them on behalf of my systers who have dual citizenship? Didn't think so.

Enjoy them anyway.

smiley - cheers


Producer paying travel?

Post 25

GeVmage

Jimster,

By the way, the contest announcement page does not make it at all clear that the producers are paying travel costs. The contest page reads: "The winner must be available to come to Elstree, London, on 8 July 2004 for a costume fitting and 19 July for filming." This could well be construed as meaning that you have to get your own self to the studio both times.

Disappointed that I won't be able to enter this one, but eagerly awaiting the next competition.

Sincerely,

Craig Steffen


Producer paying travel?

Post 26

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - zen saying: competition is greatly overrated. smiley - smiley


Producer paying travel?

Post 27

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Paul H, send it in anyway! TPTB aren't silly enough not to know where they came from unless your email address is a neutral one like Yahoo or something. Share the wealth and perhaps yours and mine and other other place Hootooerseses might get honourable mention. smiley - winkeye


No Subject

Post 28

Mr Throat Wobbler Mangrove

If its any consolation BBC employee's can't enter either, and we ALL pay our licence fee too smiley - biggrin


No Subject

Post 29

rob_iom

"directed towards license-fee payers - ie, people in the UK."

You are excluding the license-fee payers in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man (which are not in the UK).

We're used to getting absolutely no BBC local news (or mentions on the weather coverage) on TV or radio (in the IOM) despite paying the fee.

But not allowing license fee payers in these areas to enter competitions seems a bit unfair (or maybe just ignorance on the part of the person writing the rules).


No Subject

Post 30

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit looking into the future for the next challenge
"smiley - cheerup just twelve hours to mail for this one!

We have got all danda to prepare."


Key: Complain about this post