A Conversation for Doodle Analysis.

Doodles

Post 1

Researcher Mercapto

I am a compulsive doodler and I find your analyses interesting, but contradictory in terms of my own doodle habits. For example, sometimes I doodle left to right, sometimes right to left, top to bottom, inside to outside, etc. I once had a psychaiatrist (a real practicing doctor) look at my doodles without knowledge they were mine. He said he was alarmed because he felt they came from a deeply neurotic individual with lots of surpressed anger. Gee, I don't think all my doodles are angry! I have been searching the internet and have found a dozen links to people who doodle and examples of theirt art. Some are eerily similar, as if they have tapped into some universal subconscious that has an Aztec mescal feel to parts of them. That makes sense, because as you state, doodles spring directly from the subconscious. I want to write a book on doodles, less on analysis and more on how they reveal some common human thing that is deep in our heads. I have some of my doodles posted on the web, but I won't flaunt rules by posting a link, but a search on my Researcher name should lead you there. I welcome comments.


Doodles

Post 2

artdoodle

Hi

I found your site by following your suggestion about your researcher name and had to join here in order to contact you as you don't have a link that I can see on your site. Painful nose your dog has btw.

If you do the same thing with my researcher name direct in the address bar and use a .com tld then you will find me. You will see why i'm contacting you when you see the sitesmiley - smiley

Love your doodles, I like the way you make them into something reconisible like a face.

I do the same distract myself when I'm doodling but I don't get lost in the doodle all the time, I can see what I'm doing half on the doodle and I'm also totally concentrated half on the program, and I can feel the change when that 'state' comes about that's when I do my best drawings. I work very quickly considering the intricacy of some of my work, the analysis stuff I feel just can't apply to this kind of 'super doodle'in the same way I don't think it can apply to your's, although you say you don't think about it, at some level you do, ordinary doodles just are not like your's and mine, they are singular while ours are part of a whole... that's what I think anyway. Sometimes I get a commission and I follow what the buyer wants, they might want a 'tight' doodle or a flowy one, I try to keep the flow of the doodle the same through out and my work does evolve. At the moment it's very intricate curvy and does not contain my hidden doodles within. I've done repetitive patterns and lets say a flower hidden within the doodle ... there are one or two peices on the site reflecting older doodles but most of this stuff on the site has been done within the past year or two and they are very open considering the work I've done in the past and not belive it or not ... not as intricate.

I'd be very interested to talk to you more about doodles especially if you want to write a book. I've searched high and low for other 'super doodler's' I'll be glad to give you the few links I've found we are all different but 'similar'.

Hope to hear from you, you can contact me via here as I've not filled in my profile as joining was a means to an end in contacting you. I hope you read this.

best wishes Tina Clarke


Doodles

Post 3

doodlersinc

hello, I am putting together a book on doodles and their meanings and have seen your posting on this site. Have you started writing a book on the subject yet? Also, where can i see some of the doodles you have done? Do you know where I might be able to get hold of doodles of famous people?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more