Magicians Guild History

0 Conversations

Back to the Main Page

History:

In the year 603 AP (after the great peace), a great force was made. They were called the Dark Alliance. The Dark Alliance was treacherous, and a murdering army of great magnitude. It consisted of many races such as, Orcs, Vampires, Demons, Ogres, Trolls, and much more. In command of this great army, was General Xi'Golv. General Xi'Golv is a drow, or dark elf, with great power and swordsmanship skills. He was always at the frontline of the war. The General personally trained sixty drow warriors for maximum combat techniques. They were called The Fighting Hand. Although they were strong, they didn’t compare to the power of the magicians.

The magicians were apart of separate noble houses. Wielding magic takes technique, as well as at least one magical family member. Their main building was located in the city known as Imardin. It is called the Magicians Guild. The guild is a giant institution with one or more noble houses. When the city was attacked, the Magicians Guild was basically the only defense. Of course there was the town guard, but against the massive amount of enemies they could do very little but use archers on the outer walls. Little did Imardin know, but this was only about 1/14th of the Dark Alliances army.

The king sent out messengers to ride to there. To the kings regret each messenger was shot by crossbows ten times, to make sure they were dead, while on horse back. Anyone who tried to enter the city such as caravan's or a lonely traveler was immediately hunted down to contain the armies’ attack on Imardin.

Later on, the enemy orcs set up catapults and battering rams, and began moving into an attacking position. Ogres took the front of the assault with large broad shields protecting goblins with crossbows shooting at the Imardin’s soldiers. On the other side of the city, Dark Elves and Iksar, or lizardmen, began casting powerful spells to bring down the protective walls of Imardin.

The men of Imardin desperately tried to defend their city. With each passing moment the dark army crept forward, gaining precious ground on Imardin. The men with their longbows continued to shoot from the towers stationed at the walls. The magicians began to act standing along the wall casting powerful spells causing death and destruction. Still the dark army came forward.

After about two days worth of fighting, orcs got their battering ram in place and protected so they can batter down the door. Some of Imardin’s soldiers ran off the wall to brace the oncoming slaughter that awaits them. The Dark Elves and Iksar sought this chance to break through the portion they have been bombarding with spells. When the wall broke, the Magicians casted shielding spells on the wall to block the army.

The archers with the longbows began firing at the Dark Elves commanding the legions. At the main gate, the gate began to crack and break from the onslaught of the battering rams. Lord Craxus, senior member of the Magicians Guild, walked over to the gate. He ordered the town guard to open the gate; the only response was the guards looking at him like he was crazy. Craxus raised his voice to yelling level, “OPEN THE GATES NOW!!!” he yelled. Hesitantly the guards did so. The gates opened and everyone began screaming at Craxus, even the magicians whom had no idea what the heck he was playing at. Dark Alliances army roared a new battle chant with the opening of the gates. The army ran with full speed running into the city. The guards only looked as they ran past Craxus. The army was just about to reach Craxus, when something odd happened. A bright light shone in between his hands. Casting one of the most powerful spells that he made himself, a big yellow ball coursing with power launched from his hands.

A huge explosion rocked Imardin, as just about the whole force attacking the gate fell down dead. Only a few surviving ogres continued attacking the town guards, making play toys of them. Craxus couldn’t do anything more because that one attack weakened him severely even knocking him out. The other magicians rushed to save one of their own loosing a few from the ogres, since their own hide is magically immune. In the back, of the town, the magical barrier was beginning to fade. The Magicians were running out of options fast. They all pulled together into one force and figured a spell to do mass damage to the enemy. The Magicians began casting the powerful comet spell. Rock like objects; fell from the dark night sky. Impacting into the ground causing many shockwaves, killing many beings. After all the dust settled down from the impacts, all that lay was the remains of the Dark Alliance army. A few Ogres and Dark Elves remained, more importantly the Drow, General Xi'Golv, survived only with a cut across his chest. The city guard rushed after the few remaining. Many of the magicians lost their lives protecting the city against the Dark Alliance, and their senior member Craxus was in a coma from the extensive summoning.

The city walls, gates, and towers were damaged pretty badly. The main residential structures remained intact with very little civilian causalities. Some catapults and magic wielders damaged the guildhall. The King was afraid this was going to happen again, because they sent out riders after the battle to find some allies and to see if there was anymore enemy force. When a few of the messengers came back, the King was distraught at how he found out that it was only 1/14th of the enemies attacking his beloved city. The King of Imardin decided to give just about full command of his forces to the Magicians Guild, but he had to choose whom to give the command too. When Lord Craxus Nec’roy came about, the King confronted him and thanked him for what he did in the Battle of Imardin. He also asked him if he wished to become High Lord of his army and of the Magicians Guild. Craxus accepted knowing full well that he needed to get the Magicians battle ready.

He formed a High Council in which he selected his second in command, Lady Elandra Pawel. In the High Council, the High Lord pressed the issue about the defense of Imardin. The council decided that Outposts set up in stragetic places could be well enough. Especially one near the mines. They began construction immediatly and even the High Lord helped build them. Each outpost was set up in a element to further enhance its magical defense. You have life, metal, fire, water, light, and air. There were different setups as each outpost was being built.

The first outpost was on the most basic design, it contained no magical enchantments but was just a smaller model of Imardin. It has forest coverage for animals, soldiers, and anything of the natural world. The second outpost, a more fiery one. A volcano lies behind the outpost, its molten crust has enchanced the outpost greatly. This outpost is Lady Elandra's favorite place to go and visit. The third outpost, High Lord Craxus' favorite, is the one with flight capibility. The outpost can fly above the land pretty high above many weapons. Craxus enchanted the bottom of the outpost with a extremely strong shield based off the sun's energy. This outpost is a strategic locatoin. The forth outpost is one of water. The outside shell is stronger than the stone used on the first three. This stops any movement of the Dark Alliance to try to take Imardin from a different location via the river. The fifth outpost was one infront of the Mines. The mines are needed to further the production of supples, weapons, and armor. The outpost itself has an alloyed metal capibible of withstanding great damage. The last outpost was designed for complete defense. The outpost would have been placed between two mountain ranges causing the enemy to bottle neck if they wanted to take over the outpost. Sadly, during construction the Dark Alliance saw this outposts potential and launched an attack against an already unbuilt outpost. The magicians incharge saved whom they could at the cost of there lives. High Lord Craxus was deeply sadened and angry. The Dark Alliance has since then changed the outpost to be an entry point into Imardins country.

We now pick up to where your story begins. How will you change the fate of Imardin?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2488728

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more