0 Conversations

I'd like to thank the BBC for wasting so much of my time the other day.

Glastonbury on demand. Great thinks I, I'll watch the Arcade Fire as there rather brilliant. Oh look, its there in the listing, thank goodness as I missed them. Oh and its a good thing I can fast forward through the ones I dont like.

*Fast forwards through the artic monkeys*

...

*Fast forwards some more*

An hour and then some of the artic monkeys. Now fair enough, there a popular band.

But there six stages.

See I'm not even wound up really. Because of the BBC's utter failing to have it on in any accessable way (why should they? Its not like we live in an age where at a click of a button I can watch something - oh wait yes I can, and I'm watching the arcade fire now, hussar!).

I'm more wound up about the podcast I got stating that the now show wasnt available to download, but I could listen online, and that I could download other podcasts from the BBC instead.

If the set wasnt entertaining then id probably understand, but have a look at them live - theres a dozen of the [people] each doing something rather funky with an instrument you wouldnt usually see in that sort of line up/band.

I wouldnt mind, but the last time I gave a monkies about watching glastonbury was when coldplay were head lining - they showed them at the end of the show, and a lot less then an hour.

I'm sorry to the BBC for not being appreciative - who am I to demand something when I didnt pay 140 quid to go see it. But hang on, my license fees not much shy of that. Dont worry, I was more then happy to watch some one dressed as a pirate cut a large tree into a piece of furniture - a huge piece of wood that tesco would have turned into at least two decent chairs (more like a dozen chairs with two solid ones and the rest are lucky dip...)



I dunno, I havent had a rant in three weeks about anything. A good, honest, moan. I feel a bit cheated, and the BBC could certainly have done much better - as proven by there on demand service both online and through cable - I just hope that come the 2012 olympics they dont make a similar foul up as they did for the 2004 one where I complained about the ten minutes of Judo...


Much kudos however to Sir Trevor MacDonald who was fantastic on news knight, long may it continue although I fear it wont as it was a little too close to the edge for ITV - 'Blind or Gay' was perhaps the first time I looked at a TV and said 'did that really just happen' for a long long time. I was a bit disappointed at the gratuitious use of Youtube, but I think the cast were amazing, especially Clive James who seemed in his element for a change.

Favorite bit?
'Its a shame we cant just send them all to australia like we used to... its pretty full now isnt it'
'Dont worry we'll send them all to Iraq, it'll be pretty empty soon'


My uncles also coming down tomorrow - the one whose been to prison. He's, allegedly, sorting me out a laptop. Goblin knows how although the question of where did it come from definately wont be asked - Hey I might not need a laptop but ill certainly appreciate being able to sit infront of the tele and type up a script. Although in fairness I had been considering hiring one come september as there handy to have on set (saves carrying a stack of paper work, and generally much easier to work with).


I'm also managing to secure all the music from my film - meaning that despite a messy break up Ill be able to use the music from now till forever. You'll know if it goes wrong as Ill be posting links up to scanned images from a diary... (its quite good stuff)


My weird obsession with putting a woman in a box and filming her from every angle is soon to become a reality. I'm slowly, like treading through treacle, getting it written. I just need to get all the equipment necessary.


Anyway Im off, I need to tidy my room up, have a bath, and finish painting. Tara all.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A24140477

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more