A Conversation for Dalriada - or The Highlands of Scotland. (work in progress)

Beer et al

Post 1

Munchkin

I have been attempting to create a guide to Scottish Beer which is at http://www.h2g2.com/A180046 and would welcome some input. Also, what about Robert Burns, Sporting Calamities and religious bigotry, all of which some what define the country?


Beer et al

Post 2

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


Munchkin, I've included the mention on beer. No time at the moment to contribute to the specific article on it, but will when I can.


Beer et al

Post 3

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


Sporting Calamties? - could use your input on this, as not aware of any.


Beer et al

Post 4

Munchkin

Every Football World Cup we have ever taken part in. Costa Rica, Morrocco, Iran etc. Standard ability to play Brazil to a standstill and then lose ingnominiously to the Village Idiot XI. The continuous run of early defeats suffered by Scots teams in European competitions is also rather impresive.
Golf, "If we can't beat Paraguay (in the Dunhill Cup) then we shouldn't be here" as said by the Scottish Captain. Can you guess what happened?
Rugby and our amazing ability to play out of our skins, yet not beat New Zealand, just after we struggle against Uruguay.
Watching a pub full of burly Scots hugging each other because Wales beat England in the last Five Nations, while not a calamity, does describe Scots rather well.
And what ties all these together? We all expected it to happen, and we enjoyed watching it, and drinking, when it did. Weird buggers I tell ye. smiley - smiley


Beer et al

Post 5

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


LOL.
Did you ever hear of 'Allys' Tartan Army" I think it was the Scotland Football Team in the '70s. Ok, I know where to go with this, and will add something later.

Cheers.


Beer et al

Post 6

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


BTW, Your Beer Article, Apparently Peet lived by a distillery for about 17 years, he may be able to contribute if you ask nicely.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more