Where are all the gentlemen?

2 Conversations

I have a problem. I´ve been told that there are lots of gentlemen on this planet. I haven´t met anybody yet. It seems to me that the males of the species are rude, badly dressed and love nothing more than watching soccer games and drinking beer. What happened to strolling in the moonlight, picking flowers to the woman of your dreams and generally being a softie?
Have I misunderstood something, or is the gentleman a fictional character only found in romance novels? I have been to places usually frequented by males (mostly pubs and other pubs) and they all seem to care about nothing else than themselves. On the other hand, if I´m not mistaken, the females of the species doesn´t live up to their reputation either. They´re a bit selfish, right? And I guess you can´t blame the males for gathering in places where a female wouldn´t be found dead! They need a break, I guess. This is turning into a rather nasty direction....
I´ll rest my case. I don´t think there are many gentle women either!
Thank you for listening......

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A144073

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more