A Conversation for The h2g2 Team

Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 1

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

The Campaign for Renaming Thursday "Thing" is establishing Embassys web wide - annhilation has begun smiley - laugh.

My question is if we can use B4690279white (the Thingite shield) as our logo?

It´s OK for Shea the Sarcastic who made it.

smiley - dragon


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 2

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Just to clarify: some enterprising thingites are setting up 'embassies' on sites they use elsewhere at their own iniative to get people to join Thingism (and ergo H2G2)

The question is, can they use the H2G2 blobs?

I said probably not due to copyright, however Shea, who designed the original design for the thingite logo might have the original file. She has demured as well so Dragonqueen is asking for some clarification about who owns the blobs and can they be used outside of H2G2 if permission is sought first?

smiley - winkeye

Clive smiley - ok


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

As the terms and conditions state, while we're granted a non-exclusive right to use material by the originator, the copyright for the material itself remains with the person/people who created it - in this case, Shea.

Hope that answers the question smiley - smiley


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 4

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Meaning I can post the blob offsite as Shea has said OK?

smiley - dragon

completely unknowing concerning all this legal stuff...


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 5

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I think that's a yes. smiley - ok


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 6

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Well, I´ll post then... smiley - biggrin

Thanx for the help, Clive!

<dragon


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 7

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

What else is a Warlord for? smiley - biggrin


Using Thingite blob offsite OK?

Post 8

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

It's Shea's image, so you can use it wherever she says you can, but you should upload it seperately to wherever you're using it, to ensure that you're using your site's bandwidth, not the BBC's.

I think.

TRiG.smiley - smileysmiley - lighthouse


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more