A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Well, that's it for me!

Post 1

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Well, I'm no longer 42. The only significant things in my life over the last year have been, getting slightly squashed by an Audi driving numpty, and getting back in touch with the love of my life, because I was slightly squashed by an Audi driving numpty, so it wasn't all bad news. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't had my legs smashed by some careless pillock.

Suggestions, please.


Well, that's it for me!

Post 2

Superfrenchie

The Audi driving numpty was the love of your life ? smiley - bigeyes


Well, that's it for me!

Post 3

Bluebottle

Why do they never say 'You will meet a tall, dark, handsome Audi-driving numpty...' in horoscopes?

<BB<


Well, that's it for me!

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

How are your legs now, if you don't mind my asking? smiley - hug Recovering from such an accident would be a very great achievement, in my humble opinion. smiley - smiley I know someone who was badly battered by a car many years ago -- legs broken, various other bones fractured. He's in his seventies now, and you'd never imagine he'd been so badly injured once.

Doctors can mend all sorts of injuries that once would have been fatal.

Good luck to you, and may the healing be swift and complete. smiley - smiley


Well, that's it for me!

Post 5

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Well, I can walk again, and ride a bike. I still can't run though. Apparently, as I have plates holding my left knee together, I'm probably going to develop arthritis in the next few years, which sucks. Apart from that, it's going well.


Well, that's it for me!

Post 6

ITIWBS

42 years of age, one begins getting farsighted, losing the ability to focus on small things, close up.

Bilberry jam helps on that.




With the shift from the plastic intelligence* dominated thinking characteristic of youth to the crystalized intelligence** dominating the middle years, it gets easier to organize one's thoughts and emotional equilibrium improves.




* & **, respectively, the kind of intelligence used to learn new things and the kind used to organize what one already knows.


Well, that's it for me!

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

But you can organize what you know so as to integrate new things into it. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post