A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

"No, you tell me first, then I'll let you go!"

Post 1

quotes

"You let me go, and I'll tell you where/what/how the place/thing/aardvark is"
"No, you tell me first, then I'll let you go!"
"How can I trust you?"

It all comes down to trust in films, usually because 'you have no choice' apparently. But is there a way for both parties to be compelled to stick to their words?


"No, you tell me first, then I'll let you go!"

Post 2

Xanatic

Small explosives implanted in the back of their skull.

Or something with game theory.


Thread Moved

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Ask h2g2' to 'Miscellaneous Chat'.


Thread Moved

Post 4

quotes

>>This conversation has been moved from 'Ask h2g2' to 'Miscellaneous Chat'.

To make sure I get it in the right place in future, perhaps someone could tell me why my question wasn't suitable for 'Ask'.


Thread Moved

Post 5

Deb

That's a really good question, actually.

Deb smiley - cheerup


Thread Moved

Post 6

Pink Paisley

It did seem rather an odd move. There are after all, two question marks in the OP making it clear that it was a question.

I think that an honest broker is the answer.

You hand Xantic over to me and he tells me where your aardvark has been fiendishly hidden. I pass the information to you and I hold him captive on your behalf until you confirm that you have your aardvark back. If you don't report back within an agreed time frame, we assume that you have your aardvark but have reneged on your part of the deal and Xantic gets released anyway.

I'll do it for a pony.

PP.


Thread Moved

Post 7

Icy North

So depressing to see they're still moving questions out of Askh2g2. This one even had a question mark. Makes you wonder what they expect to see in askh2g2 if it isn't questions.

And I had hoped the people doing this had been removed in the recent purge. No such luck.


Thread Moved

Post 8

quotes

>>I think that an honest broker is the answer.

That sounds like a way forward, PP, although it still means having to trust someone. Perhaps the broker could be replaced by something inanimate?

>>>And I had hoped the people doing this had been removed in the recent purge.

I must have missed this Icy; why were people moving posts around, what has happened to the people?


Thread Moved

Post 9

Icy North

To answer your questions:

Why?

I haven't a scooby foo, to be honest, but if you disagree they ban you from the site.

What happened to the people?

See recent h2g2 announcement on moderation. Volunteer moderators were relieved of their duties. It appears the ones who caused the trouble in the first place may be clinging on through other anonymous accounts, while others who were hard- working long-standing pillars of the community have been forced to leave.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more