KoRn

1 Conversation

KoRn is a band of five members:
Jonathan "HIV" Davis - Vocals, Bagpipes
James "Munky" Shaffer - Guitar
David Silveria - Drums
Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu - Bass
Brian "Head" Welch - Guitar, Vocals

The bands music is anything from rock to heavy metal. They are all from the town of Bakersfield, California. Since 1994, they have brought out 5 albums: Korn, Life is Peachy, Follow the Leader, Issues and their most recent album, the Untouchables.

Why Korn? Jonathan says he was standing in a field one day and got hit in the head by a piece of corn.

Most if not all of the songs lyrics are writen by Jonathan Davis, most of them reflect on his life and expiernces.

One of these songs is called "Pretty" it was from when he was working in a coroner's office and an 11 month old baby was brought in, she had been raped by dad, her legs where broken behind her back and then just chucked into the bathroom. Jonathan says he still has nightmares about it.

Another song is called Justin, it is about a boy named Justin who was dying terminally with intestinal cancer. His last wish was to meet korn, this totaly freaked them all out, and the song is about how he wished he had this kids stength since he was so content he was going to die.

One of the most misunderstood songs by korn is daddy, everybody thinks that is about him getting raped by his dad when he was a kid. This is not whats it about. "When I was a kid I was being abused by someone else and I went to my parents and told them about it. and they thought I was lying and joking around, they never did shit about it. They didn't belive it was happening to their son."

Jonathan Davis is a very sentimental guy, for this a lot of people have and still do call him gay, all the way through high school and even members of his band.

Members of the band have received some bad injuries of the years which has caused them to cancel several performances, except when David hurt his wrist and they got Faith No More drummer Mike Bordin to fill in for him. Munky suffered a mild case of Viral Meningitis, he was treated but the band didn't want to get someone to fill in for his since it wouldn't feel right. Jonathan suffered from strained vocal chords. Doctors told him if he didn't take a break and continues touring he could permanently damage his vocal chords for good.

Korn where nominated for two awards but didn't win either.

They plan to bring out another 2 albums and maybe more.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1168797

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Currently in:

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more