Summer 2003 Caption Competition - Winners!

1 Conversation

Here they are - the winning entries for this season's Caption Competition. Congratulations to all the successful h2g2ers and a big 'thank you' to all who took part.

  • Round 1
    1. Horror as the harmful rays from the sun start causing peoples' faces to melt.
      - If the universe is infinite, then im "a" center
    2. When visiting a new planet for the first time, always check the local gravity conditions before disembarking.
      - Peet
    3. This is what happens if you throw yourself at the ground and don't manage to miss...
      - Niwt

  • Round 2
    1. And if I press this button, your hairline recedes even further - look!
      - Dr E Vibenstein
    2. The cloning process was yet to be perfected.
      - Archangel Dr Justin
    3. The comeback tour of Bros was tragically delayed when Luke couldn't remember the words of "When will I be famous" and had to get someone to put the words back into his mouth.
      - LuckyStar

  • Round 3
    1. VIP was rather confused about whether you were meant to use a flamingo or pretend to be one.
      - Cafram
    2. There was just 1 minute to go and the other "Worm Wangling" contestants were looking despondent!
      - Stainless Rider
    3. The back-up plan was just fine until the man from Del Monte turned up asking for his oranges back!
      - Whisky

  • Round 4
    1. DoctorMo and Xanatic spent much time trying to find out whether this was really a lifesize wax figure of Queeglesproggit or if the "don't touch" tag was yet another of her cunning disguises.
      - Toy Box
    2. The female could only flash a nervous smile as the males advanced luckily she was not at a corner table.
      - Jimi X
    3. She never noticed one of his hands was operating on its own.
      - SEF

  • Round 5
    1. FOR THE LAST BLOODY TIME, IT'S FORTY-TWO!!!
      - Thog
    2. You are the apple of my eye. In fact, you look quite delicious. I'm glad I used my fixodent today!
      - SEA change
    3. Do I have something stuck in my teeth?
      - nineofeight

  • Round 6
    1. In an unguarded moment, Abi reveals the secret fuel on which Italics run during meets: E-numbers and glucose syrup.
      - MaW
    2. Chocolate covered ants are so delicious. Oh my God, is this one tastes like a Pharaoh. Is it Amy?
      - SEA Change
    3. Can I stop posing for this stupid caption photo yet?
      - SEF

  • Round 7
    1. I'm down with the kids, man, you dig? So don't you go givin' me no diss for bein' a sk8r boi, reeespeck.
      - Lucky Star
    2. Male Model Syndrome strikes again.
      - Croz
    3. You're beautiful baby don't ever change!
      - Shea the Sarcastic

  • Round 8
    1. Bonnie & Clyde - the later years
      - GreyDesk
    2. Her: "What d'you mean, there's no line dancing! I've been practising my Tush Push since last Meet!"


      Him: "Thank Bob for that! No more boot scooting at my end!"

      - LuckyStar
    3. Kerr looks for an escape after discovering that Bruce's real name is Susie...
      - broelan

  • Round 9
    1. The prospect of walloping Ashley's balls with a baseball bat quickly attracted an orderly queue.
      - Master B
    2. Due to h2g2's sudden occult following, most of the 2003 Summer meet-up attendees sadly await their pending doom from the 'Hootoo Gods' who plan on sacrificing their bodies.
      - Darth Zaphod
    3. The British hootooers use the opportunity to give their foreign friends an example of the joys of queueing.
      - Farrago

  • Round 10
    1. The cloakroom attendant gets trampled after making the mistake of calling out, "Whose anorak is this?"
      - Summerbayexile
    2. Oh dear, the Richard Clayderman appreciation society are back in town again.
      - GreyDesk
    3. "Revenge of the Nerds 4" was promising to be an uproarious film.
      - Master B

Abi

21.08.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A1151263

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more