Divination

0 Conversations

The signs of the zodiac

Welcome to Divination!

I have just finished having a lovely cup of tea, and I see that while several of you will receive mediocre marks and a approximately 7 of you will fail at least one of my classes, most of you are going to find your time here quite rewarding! I am so pleased!

Just a few things before we start. Divination is a very powerful and very delicate skill to master. As such, students do not begin studying the fine art of prediction until their third year. In my class you will learn to predict the future, uncover present mysteries, and see into the hearts and minds of those around you.

Classes

Divination can take many forms, from the reading of physical signs to the interpretation of dreams. While you are here at Hogwarts (four of you will be leaving us prior to graduation, three of those four will be missed), we will study many of these forms, as detailed below:



Third Year: Tasseomancy, Introduction to Crystal Balls, Beginning Runes


Fourth Year: Beginning Astrology, Beginning Palmistry, Seeing and Reading Auras


Fifth Year: Advanced Astrology, Tarot reading, Beginning Phrenology


Sixth Year: Beginning Dream interpretation, Beginning Meditation and Visions


Seventh Year: Advanced Dream Interpretation, Advanced Meditation and Visions, and Scrying


There will also be an elective offered, Arithmancy, which is an entire class devoted to the study of divination through numbers.

Grades

Your grades in this each of my classes will be determined both by the quality and timeliness of your homework and by your level of in-class participation. Although I most certainly know better, I expect homework assignments to be handed in complete and on time. Assignments may be turned in up to a week late for half credit with a valid excuse. (And no, Sylvia, you cannot hand in your Phrenology scroll late for full credit. If you would bother doing your Astrology homework instead of going into Hogsmeade, you would realize there is a storm coming, followed by a nasty cold, and be able to plan accordingly. But you won’t have to worry about that for another couple of years.)

One more item before you each proceed to your particular classrooms. Please feel free to come to me if you have any questions; I am here to help you learn. You are also welcome to make any suggestions you wish. Keep in mind, though, I have already anticipated and taken them into account. If you do not see your suggestion implemented it may be that doing so would bring about disastrous future results, and I dare not risk it.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1130482

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more