A Conversation for Footnotes

Footnotes

Post 1

Ginger The Feisty

So are footnotes to history where people feel like rewriting part of it but can't be bothered to do it properly in case they change their minds later?


Footnotes

Post 2

The Dancing Tree

Either that or people who cannot make their minds up, and so use footnotes to completely contradict what they wrote in the body of the text!

I noticed the "feisty"; is that because some unscrupulous other guide person pinched your name or something?


Footnotes

Post 3

Ginger The Feisty

Nah Loonytunes used it to insult me but I always think the best way to take an insult is to turn it into a compliment!


Footnotes

Post 4

The Dancing Tree

Feistiness = vigour = good! BTW, regarding Sunday, how is everyone going to recognise one another - does everyone have to wear a hat or something? (Or a tree costume!)


Footnotes

Post 5

Ginger The Feisty

You will spot us - we will both have baseball caps on. I have ginger hair and will be carrying a lot of white poles. Doug is tall but will be bent under the weight of the bases which he will be carrying in a blue / purple rucksack! Please wear fancy dress if you desire! I have tried to persuade Jim The Wonder Llama to come along in costume but not sure if I succeeded!


Footnotes

Post 6

The Dancing Tree

I think that would fit in with the nature of the open space - a llama and a tree playing rounders, but I think it would kill me to carry round the tree (it's seven feet tall and made of very thick card). I had to walk about half a mile in Cardiff with it once and it really did me in (as did the three hours of dancing like a loony still clad in said costume)!

As for the baseball caps: let's just hope a hoarde of US tourists don't show up at that exact moment. Actually, that wouldn't matter if Doug is going to be doubled over under all the weight - unless, of course, they were US hunchback tourists.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Footnotes

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more