A Conversation for Also Ran 1's birthday bash!

Happy 75th AR1

Post 1

Wrinkled Rocker

Hello? Am I the first? smiley - erm


Happy 75th AR1

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

do not know, but you are very welcome!


Happy 75th AR1

Post 3

Lady Neugen Bigeyes;Owlatron`s thundercat;Researcher of the hyperlink;Honorary Muse of card-senders

Then I must be 3rd! Happy May B`day AR1 ...of course,the only month to be born in..*giggle* smiley - cheersNeugansmiley - bigeyes ps.what a smiley - okpresent!!! A new beast!!


Happy 75th AR1

Post 4

Lady Scott

Just because AR1's *official* birthday has passed, that doesn't mean we can't continue the celebration until her next birthday and beyond!


*settles down with a plate of smiley - cake and a glass of smiley - oj*


Happy 75th AR1

Post 5

Lady Neugen Bigeyes;Owlatron`s thundercat;Researcher of the hyperlink;Honorary Muse of card-senders

An excellant idea,as I mistakenly mistook her for Smudger.*settles in,helps herself to a smiley - bubbly&smiley - cake* oh what a delightfull way to start a Saturday...Happy B`day AR1! smiley - schooloffish


Happy 75th AR1

Post 6

Also ran 1


Oh how wonderful!! smiley - biggrin
Here I am having another birthday party. I hope that Lurcher forgives me and comes to this one.
Dear Wrinkled Rocker. the confusion you caused amongst my real life friends when I told them that a wonderful South African friend was taking me on a pillion ride through the Garden route was wonderful.
they all looked at me in astonishment.
Most of them said how lucky I was, still not too sure if I was pulling their legs. And then eventually when it began to dawn on them what the situation was, they warmed to it. I think that this is one of the reasons why h2g2 is so wonderful because on this web site everything is possible.
If I want to be a mermaid, I can be one. If Wrinkled Rocker wants tpo take a mermaid on his motorbike he can. If Lady Scott wants to be Ms. america she can be. If Shea wants to carry her head as Marie antoinette she can. If Meg want to be a unicorn she can be. If Marauding Pillowcase wants to come as a marvellous boabab tree he can complete with wildlife.
On h2g2 tout est possible!!.

And pheloxi you went to so much trouble to show me how to enjoy the first party. And there was I - out for the count like some old bag in the road. Well, not really I suppose, but certainly not functioning on all cylinders!!.

I am going to print out my birthday postings and have them nicely bound. it is going to be a wonderful momento.

I shall swim back with the smoked salmon canapes and the magnificent Philadelphia and preserved ginger sandwiches. I have also made an asparagus quiche which should go down well. I ordered a huge birthday cake - chocolate fudge and we can all have it later. I love chocolate - and you will see pheloxi that in virtual life we can eat as much of it as we like without having to bother about our diabetes!!. Wonderful.

Fond love to you all and thank you Lady Scott for letting us continue the party in your rose garden


I shall keep swimming around and meeting whoever comes to the rose garden. Aren't the roses wonderful. I particularly like Fragrant Cloud and Charles Mallerin. I am afraid that I go overboard with roses that have a wonderful perfume - which is why I was so thrilled with the freesias which K. gave to me. .
Much smiley - love
AR1 smiley - schooloffish
See you later


Happy 75th AR1

Post 7

Lady Neugen Bigeyes;Owlatron`s thundercat;Researcher of the hyperlink;Honorary Muse of card-senders

Oh smiley - taAR1,you know Abbi was very worried about you...you might let her know *there`s a party going on* have a lei of jasmin & fragrent roses,including tuber-rose...*sips*smiley - bubbly...nibbles asparigues (smiley - love it)!!


Happy 75th AR1

Post 8

Lady Scott

Oh, asperagus quiche! smiley - drool I think I'll have some of that too.

BTW, the rose garden is Pheloxi's doing, not mine! I don't have the Guide ML knowlege to put together such a lovely garden setting.


Happy 75th AR1

Post 9

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Nor I.

The smiley - jester costume I came in was not especially
clever, but I needed something right away when I
realized I was late for the party. smiley - yikes

There are semi-wild roses growing next to where
I park my car. They smell better than some of the
newer ones. smiley - erm I sometimes think that flowers are
losing their scent. I'd hate to see that happen
to irises and carnations and locust blossoms.



smiley - rose

smiley - smiley


Happy 75th AR1

Post 10

Also ran 1


My so dear pheloxi big smiley - hug

Was the rose garden your idea? Oh my sweetie, thank you so much. What a wonderful present. and now that it is on the web we can all share it and whoever wants to have their party in it can. thank you again pheloxi. You have done so much for us you really have.

Please do have some of this quiche - it is made with fresh asparagus and is really very nice. I have also made some smoked salmon parcels - i.e.stuffed with savory cream cheese and with chopped chives from my garden.
Later I shall bring you some virtual chocolate fudge cake and we can all enjoy it - AND NOT SUFFER

Much affection
AR1 smiley - schooloffish


Happy 75th AR1

Post 11

Also ran 1

Very dear Lady Neugen,
I am so glad you could come to the second party. I rather disgraced myself over the first!!. anyway, I am not at all sure what sort of beast you are dressed up as!. Hopefully the beast is not carnivorous and will happily eat some asparagus quiche and chocolate cake.!

I have just flown back from Russia and the dancers from the ballet company at St. Petersberg and going to come an dance the Pavlostian dances for us. Are'nt we lucky.
Affectionate regardes
AR1 smiley - schooloffish


Happy 75th AR1

Post 12

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

My sister worked her way through college
by picking asparagus on the banks of the
Connecticut River in South Hadley, Massachusetts.

When my family gets together now, having asparagus
for dinner is a tradition. smiley - smiley

Isn't smoking bad for slamon, though?
Doesn't it stunt their growth? smiley - winkeye


Happy 75th AR1

Post 13

Also ran 1


Dear Lady Scott,
Thank you for enlightening me about the rose garden. How kind of pheloxi. He is such a dear fellow.

Incidentally the ballet company from St. Petersberg are flying in where they have been performing and are going to give us a few exceprts from their ballets in the rose garden theatre. Aren't we incredibly lucky. I have also had a little whisper into the ear of Nat King cole and Frank Sinatra. They have both agreed to come and sing for us. I hope that Paul and Zarquhon smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote will also agree to perform. I think Paul is rather shy,I must go and give him some encouragement.

this is such a lovely party - and I am so glad that you are enjoying the quiche. It really is icredibly easy to make - but quite filling.!!

With much affection.

AR1 smiley - schooloffish


Happy 75th AR1

Post 14

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Well, I could *start* a blues song,
and then ZSF could continue it, and then
I could add a few lines. I think that
would work. smiley - ok

smiley - musicalnote

My baby done left me.
My cat ran away.
Ol' Santa Claus missed me
When he came with his sleigh....
smiley - cool

Okay, your turn, ZSF smiley - winkeye


Happy 75th AR1

Post 15

Also ran 1

Very dear Paul,
How interesting about your sister. You must ask your family to give me the receipe they like best for asparagus.
Incidentally please do sing with Zarquhon smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote I am really looking forward to it.
I was so touched at your wish to come to the party. I am sure that you could have got a pair of magic wings and just flown over. anyway, now we are actually in the rose garden - and boy do I agree with you about perfume. You are so lucky to have those oldfashioned roses near you. They just drench one with the perfume p glorious.

You will have heard that we are having a real treat and the ballet company from St., Petersberg is coming to dance for us. and I just Love the Pavlostian dances. I have never seen them danced - only heard a recording so I am really looking forward to it.

Nice of you to come
With affectiona
AR1 smiley - schooloffish
I wonder where Michele and Batty are. and dear Lucher is sadly not around. I know I do not deserve to be forgiven but I hope he will!!.


Happy 75th AR1

Post 16

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Mostly they just steam it, and then
apply butter or margarine or whatever.
I don't think they even put garlic on it.

As for my *duet* with Zarquon's Singing Fish,
it's hard to coordinate with people who are
in different time zones IRL. He may be here
when I've gone to bed, and vice versa. smiley - erm

Plus, if we try to go with a *real* blues song,
there might be very few songs that we *both* know.
That's why I was making things up as I went along,
and encouraging him to do the same. smiley - smiley


Happy 75th AR1

Post 17

Lady Scott

*taps toe to keep time for the blues song while waiting for Zarquon to sing the next part*


Happy 75th AR1

Post 18

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant



smiley - musicalnote

My baby done left me.
My cat ran away.
Ol' Santa Claus missed me
When he came with his sleigh....



My potatoes all rotted;
My onions did, too.
My whole family suffered
An out-of-season flue.

Oh, I got the blue, blue, blues,
Scooby doo, doo, doo...


Happy 75th AR1

Post 19

Lady Scott

*plays a little harmonica interlude*


Happy 75th AR1

Post 20

Lady Neugen Bigeyes;Owlatron`s thundercat;Researcher of the hyperlink;Honorary Muse of card-senders

AR1,I lightly steam asparagues w/a bit of butter& some soy sauce-just until bright green.I grew up watching the Bolshoi ballet in San Francisco,&,when I was in Russia,had the privledge of seeing the grand theater where they performed...*sips*smiley - bubbly...smiley - giftsmiley - rosesmiley - disco


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more