The h2g2 Angband gathering

29 Conversations

Being devoted to the Roguelike game Angband and its varients



This page is a home for those h2g2 researchers who are also players of the freeware game "Angband" and its varients such as "ZAngband". If you want to join the adventurer's roster, please post a message saying so.

A red dragon

What is Angband?



Angband is a dungeon exploration game based loosely on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. The player creates a character and "runs" this character through the dungeons of Angband, collecting treasure and fighting 'orrible monsters. The ultimate aim is to reach dungeon level 100 and defeat Morgoth. Getting there is no easy task and is more than capable of eating into your social and (if you're naughty) working life. Angband is very addictive. You have been warned.



This will be a place where adventurers can share tips, stories, tales of woe and discuss Angband and its varients generally.

Where to get Angband



Angband is a freeware game and has been ported to a large number of platforms including Windows, Mac OS, Amiga and RISC OS. There is information on the game and downloads at this page here.

New Spin-Off Page



Eggy has created a page dedicated to the different weapons and other things you will find in the dungeons of Angband. It can be found here

The Roster So Far

Zagreb - currently Glasscock the male Paladin

fords_prefect - character unknown

Eggy - currently Trogdor*, level 30 Dwarf Warrior

Zucchini - currently Jan Doyle the Chaos Warrior (ZAngband)

Acid Override - currently going through a raft of unfortunate characters

minichessemouse - currently starting-out :)

This page is under construction. Please mind the rubble and look out for cave spiders

*http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1050634

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more