GuideML: SECTION Tag

0 Conversations

The <SECTION> tag used to be a way to split entries up into sections, accessible from a drop-down menu. However the move to a general XML-based parser meant <SECTION> tags could no longer be supported.

This page is only here for reference. This tag is no longer supported, and will simply display the entry in one go, with the section titles shown as subheaders.

This tag is not in Approved GuideML, and it's pretty pointless using it anyway. Use the <HEADER> tag instead.

Syntax and Usage

<SECTION NAME="...name..." DESCRIPTION="...desc...">

...text...

</SECTION>

You should not use this tag. Its syntax is only included here for reference.

Known Issues

This tag is no longer supported.

Further Information


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1039321

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more