A Conversation for Stories from World War Two

s.s.saugor

Post 1

Researcher 233301

I have read the article on this page about the s.s.saugor.Who wrote this article?Does anybody know?My Great uncle,named Cecil Olivant,was a Royal Navy gunner on this armed merchant vessel.His rank was AB.He was the holder of the Lloyd's medal for bravery at sea.He,like most of his shipmates did not survive and died on that fateful day,27th August 1941.I'm desperate to find out any information about the ship and it's crew.Can anyone help?If the author of the article Convoy see's this message,please get in touch.I'd love to talk to any survivors or there families.I will be writing an article about the s.s.saugor in the near future.I would welcome any information however small.


s.s.saugor

Post 2

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


Golly ...... I'm sorry for not replying sooner but I wrote the Convoy piece and I've only just looked at the threads hanging off the entry. Are you still around as I have a load of information - including accounts of the sinking by two survivors (3rd Engineer amd the Chief Engineer) which I'm very happy to share with you.


s.s.saugor

Post 3

Helen

Dear Red Dog and Researcher 233301

I have taken the above post as consent to put you both in touch regarding your research.

Very best wishes,

Helen, WW2 Team


s.s.saugor

Post 4

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


smiley - ok


s.s.saugor

Post 5

Researcher 233301

Dear Red Dog,
I'm sorry I did not pick up your message on 17/11/03.I have sent you an email today and look forward to your reply


s.s.saugor

Post 6

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

smiley - oksmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more