The Post Quiz: Current May Events

0 Conversations

How did our fellow humans celebrate May in 2015?

The Post Quiz: Current May Events

Contemporary photo of an old printing press.

Who are we kidding? We get our news online, like everybody else.

What do you know about these 2015 May events? Short answers, please, about these events that took place in the first two weeks of the month. And don't say we're not current.

  1. Druglords in Jalisco, Mexico, celebrated May Day in an unusual way. What did they do to a government helicopter?
  2. What were marchers protesting in Seattle, Washington, USA, on May Day?
  3. How did the Windsor family celebrate 2 May?
  4. How did Singapore celebrate World Press Freedom Day on 3 May?
  5. What Vietnam-related anniversary was remembered on 4 May?
  6. Why was NASA tweeting George Lucas quotes on 4 May?
  7. On 6 May, the US government announced the licensing of some boats from Florida. What is unusual about that?
  8. What utterly amazing photos were unveiled in Mexico City on 7 May? (Nothing to do with Hitler, promise.)
  9. Why did all the really old folks suddenly want to dance in the streets on 8 May?
  10. What did the customs officials find in a suitcase in Ceuta (a Spanish possession bordering Morocco) on 8 May?

Boy, you thought you were a news junkie. But how many did you know? Click on the picture for the answers.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

25.05.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87854098

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more