A Conversation for Experiencing a Solar Eclipse

St. Anthony's Head, Eclipse 1999

Post 1

Todaymueller

I saw the Eclipse in Cornwall. The day itself was very cloudy but no rain fortunately. It was not possible to see the sun but it did get dark. Nothing like as dark as nightime though. I have heard people say it gets really dark. Well that was not my experience of it and this was through thick cloud. The birds were confused and had a bit of a sing. The 2 dogs we had with us didn't take a blind bit of notice. A lot of the yachts in the harbour let off fireworks. It wasn't until we got home and watched the sky at night we realised we were only a couple of hundred yards away from Patrick Moor and TV crew. I have to say that overall it was an interesting experience but not as awesome as I was led to believe.


St. Anthony's Head, Eclipse 1999

Post 2

Bluebottle

Thanks for sharing that - so whereabouts in Cornwall were you?

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

St. Anthony's Head, Eclipse 1999

More Conversations for Experiencing a Solar Eclipse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more