Science Fact, Science Fiction

3 Conversations

 
Artwork showing various cinematic emblems floating in space.

Isn't science brilliant? What with the Gaia spacecraft launching in December on a mission to compile a catalogue of one billion stars and planets in our solar system and the recent discovery of a previously unknown Pharaoh by archaeologists on the Egyptian site of Abydos. The fact that scientists have also discovered a 3D version of graphene which promises to be really exciting for the high tech industry, as well. It. Blows. Your. Mind.

Right?

So, what of science fiction? Have we nowhere else to go? Au contraire. Can you imagine societies of robots, all independent and starting a war? How about something darker - animal/human hybrids used for experimentation? Our imagination can take us as far as the stars, way beyond, and right back home again.

Which brings us to this month's challenge. Science fact and Science fiction.

You can write anything you like - a short story or poem, a personal account of how science fact/fiction has affected your life, the possibilities are endless. You could, however, jump right in and write an Edited Guide entry about either. Did you know, for example, we haven't got an Edited Entry onThunderbirds?

Come on, have a go. You know you want to.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87821292

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more