January Create - First Footing of SashaQ

1 Conversation

Sasha Q First Foots in a new home

It was December 2010 when I got a place of my own for the first time. I had lived away from home before, for the several years I was at University, but student digs weren't quite the same as a flat furnished to my taste with a dedicated kitchen and bedroom separate from the living space.

That first New Year, I cooked myself a good meal and in particular appreciated the fact that the fridge-freezer was all mine to fill with my favourite food rather than being shared with other people and their strange habits. I watched some TV, and had control of the remote, rather than having to ask if I could watch a different channel. Later, I celebrated the change in the calendar by myself - I had my computer all set up and online, I was warm and comfortable and I had a good view of my neighbours' fireworks on the other side of the street.

It was also the first year I had ever been on my own at New Year, as I had previously either been at home with my family when I was very young, or out at my relatives' house party when I was older. I didn't feel isolated, though, as I was connected to the outside world by my computer so I still had the opportunity to wish and be wished Happy New Year as the clock struck 12.

2011 turned out to be a good year, as I encountered my first proper romantic relationship, so I have been very fortunate to spend the three New Years since then in the arms of my darling at midnight, which is all I could dream of. At those times, my flat becomes a cosy place for the two of us to enjoy!

Create Archive

Sasha Q

20.01.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87820923

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more