What's Your Style? - SashaQ

0 Conversations

I tend not to think too much about what I wear - I don't have wardrobes full of clothes and most of the clothes I do have are quite similar to each other, as black trousers are pretty much just black trousers1. However, when I thought a little more, I realised I do have something to say about fashion.

Some things I find quite amusing - when I started learning French in school, I decided it was great, and my favourite clothing at that time was a cool designer shirt in cornflower blue, so my career plan was to be an assistant to Yves Saint Laurent!2 Also, in some ways my style of posting on messageboards has been/is quite flamboyant, so for one particular messageboard friend of mine, the image of me in his head is as a Dedicated Follower of Fashion.

In real life, the picture is not quite so exciting - I struggle to find clothes that I like in the shops as one size does not fit all, but I like to think I dress quite smartly, considering3.

The one thing that has made a difference to my style is my discovery of online tailoring companies. I was able to upload the exact measurements I required and designed my own shirts to suit me. More expensive than off-the-peg, but I feel like $64,000 when I wear them. One day, I will pluck up the courage to open my wallet even wider and go for a fully tailored suit that will suit me well, but for now forget one size fits nobody, and watch out YSL! smiley - cool

1And blue trousers are blue trousers!2I soon decided maths was more my thing, though.3Although at the weekends a t-shirt with a Queen crest design on it or similar makes quite a cool part of an outfit.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87812355

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more