Shada - The Competition Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Shada - The Competition

4 Conversations

Image of Shada audio book

Would you like to own a complete set of audio CDs of Shada, The Lost Adventure, which was written by Douglas Adams and is narrated by Lalla Ward?

If you know Doctor Who like the back of your hand, are fascinated by the history of Doctor Who then this simple competition is made for you.

We are thrilled to be able to offer 6 sets of audio CDs for the best entries received.

This is your task:

Write a short introduction to the history of this partly finished television episode, make it interesting and enticing. You will need to research and include as many facts as possible surrounding the actors, script editors, where the story was being shot for instance, and put this into a short piece. Your entry should have a maximum of 1000 words.

A small biography of Lalla Ward, in connection with the Doctor Who TV series, should be included.

You need to be able to really 'sell' this series of CDs - which may be difficult if you've not had a chance to hear them yet - we appreciate this is an impossible task. We don't want to make your life too easy!

You may listen to a short clip of Shada here.

Imagine that you are choosing a gift for a Doctor Who fan, why would this particular set of CDs be a perfect choice? And why would you like to own these yourself?

The winners will be announced, and the winning entries will be published on h2g2.

Additional information:

The competition has been sponsored by AudioGO, the home of BBC audiobooks.

Doctor Who: Shada (Classic Novel)

The Doctor's old friend and fellow Time Lord Professor Chronotis has retired to Cambridge University - where nobody will notice if he lives for centuries. But now he needs help from the Doctor, Romana and K-9. When he left Gallifrey he took with him a few little souvenirs - most of them are harmless. But one of them is extremely dangerous. The Worshipful and Ancient Law of Gallifrey isn't a book for Time Tots. It is one of the Artefacts, dating from the dark days of Rassilon. It must not be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. The sinister Skagra most definitely has the wrong hands. He wants the book. He wants to discover the truth behind Shada. And he wants the Doctor's mind... Based on the scripts for the original TV series by the legendary Douglas Adams, Shada retells an adventure that never made it to the screen.

Unabridged Reading
Author: Douglas Adams completed by Gareth Roberts
Reader: Lalla Ward with John Leeson
Running Time: 11hrs 30mins
10 CDs or download
CDRRP £19.35
DownloadRRP: £19.69

Rules and Terms and Conditions

  • All entries to the competition must be received by May 25th 2012
  • All entries must be submitted by email to [email protected]
  • Please put ‘Shada Competition Entry’ in the subject line. Include your h2g2 User account number1 and nickname with your Entry.
  • Only one entry per user account will be allowed and only one prize per address will be awarded.
  • Winners will be asked to provide their address so that the prizes can be posted to them.
  • The prizes are being awarded courtesy of AudioGo.
  • Entries cannot be accepted from official Guide Editors, the panel of judges nor the Board of Not Panicking Ltd.

Good luck!

1If you're not a member already you will need to sign up for an account, joining h2g2 is free and very simple.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A87754765

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more