How to Write a Recipe

0 Conversations

This is a template for a recipe which you are free to copy.


In the first paragraph you should write a general description of the food you are going to provide the recipe for. Some interesting facts, or some background information about where the recipe came from, and how you discovered it. Say whether it is a family recipe, or you discovered it on holiday. Generally paint a picture to build up the reader's interest in what is to follow.

Ingredients

You should put your list of ingredients here, make sure you use either all metric quantities, ie grams and litres, or if you decide to use cups, or Imperial measurements please stick to one or the other, and provide conversions wherever possible.

  • Put them in a list like this
  • Make each ingredient have its own line
  • The GuideML for this is called an Unordered List
  • State how many people your recipe will serve

Method

This is where you explain how to prepare the dish. Think of each step and imagine someone else following your words. It is probably quite easy, but if you get stuck, read it back to yourself step by step. Double check that you've not left out anything.

You may need more than one paragraph, as it is easier for someone to read if you break it down into separate stages.

Don't forget to explain the temperature and the length of time your recipe should be cooked for

Finally

You may wish to add a small summary, perhaps with serving suggestions or alternative ingredients.

To see the GuideML, and copy the template wholesale, just change the letter A in the URL to test( in the address bar in your browser), then press return and you will see all the necessary coding which you can copy with a right click of your mouse, and paste into an empty Add Guide Entry, on your own personal space.

You'll only need to do this if you want to put your Entry into GuideML, otherwise it is fine in normal text. If you would like to do this, please change to one of the heritage skins, by going to 'Preferences' and select either Classic, Alabaster or Brunel from the drop down list, and then press 'Update'.

Good luck!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87721635

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more