Moderation Volunteers

0 Conversations

The Moderation Volunteers |
Moderation on h2g2 |
Applying to be a Moderation Volunteer

The h2g2 Moderators are a team of Researchers who help keep h2g2 a fun and safe place to be. Posts and Entries believed to break the House Rules are referred to this team for decision. The moderators use the Transgressions Procedure to try and make all decisions fairly and quickly.

Please note that our moderators cannot answer any questions directly about moderation. If you have any queries, please email [email protected] where you can receive an official response.

For more details about what we expect of our Volunteers, please click here.

FAQs

Q. Can I find out who hid my post?

A. No. This is because h2g2 moderators act anonymously and separately from their Researcher accounts. Moderators may not identify themselves as such to anyone, so please don't ask them.

Q. Can I become a moderator?

A. Please head over to here which explains the sign up process in more detail.

Q. Why do we need moderators anyway?

A. Please click here for more details about moderation on h2g2.

Q. Will decisions about me be leaked on site?

A. The moderators take confidentiality seriously and it is part of the internal Code of Conduct that the moderators will not disclose information either on h2g2 or off site. This applies to both current and former moderators.

Information about h2g2 Management and Senior Volunteers can be found on this page: Roles and Management

Last updated: 4th February, 2015.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87706704

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more