A Conversation for Chalcedony - an Holistic View

Objections

Post 21

ChiKiSpirit -- A1008604

Hello everyone!
I don't know where these references to cancer have come from. I am not in a position to answer questions about cancer, I have not been using crystals for that long, and would never ever suggest anyone should use crystals as a cure for cancer, although I have heard from various sources that people have overcome their cancer through positive mental attitudes.

I started writing this article because I had just bought myself a piece of blue chalcedony. It made me feel happy, and it also made me feel creative. The whole article started out as a subjective piece of writing. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I just wanted to write about crystals. If you want concrete evidence you will have to go to a crystal healer and "feel" what the experience is like. You won't feel it on paper, or a computer.

With regard to crystals vv drugs (drug companies etc.) one person I have been treating for asthma feels that it is only the crystal healing that is working at the moment. Doctors have been trying the latest drugs on him, and none of them appeared to work - so he turned to the crystal approach, and that is working for him.

It might just be mind over matter, or it might be the crystals - what does it matter - so long as it works?
ChiKi smiley - rainbow


Objections

Post 22

Ilifae

I think that young children know a lot more than we give them credit for. What I think Chiki means is that people used to be able to identify things (although they may have had a different name for them) such as crystals and know that although two different samples may look different, they are essentially the same thing. They may not have been correct in all cases, or even the majority of them may have been wrong, but the instinct was there and still is.

Now raise your hand if you didn't understand a single thing I just said.
Didn't think so, but I needed to say it anyways. smiley - winkeye


Objections

Post 23

paulie

I think if you stated in the first Intuition and Crystals paragraph that it is some people's belief as you did in the second, it would solve the "is this factual" question at least.

As to whether toddlers instinctively know a dog from a cat, I think they probably know they are different, even more different than another dog. They might still call a dog a cat, cause that is just a label a grown up taught them. They have no idea what a label is or how it is properly used, they are just practicing with the new one they learned. That's how they figure out how labels work, and even then, or for me at least, they can remain confused for the rest of their life.

I don't think they play with dead things in the same way they would a living thing either. I think at least initially the very thing that interests them so much about a dead thing is it's difference from a living one. If allowed to progress in their investigation they may attach imaginary similarities of life to the dead thing, but we probably taught them that too, by giving them stuffed animals and acting out little puppet shows complete with funny voices.

Whether people should be able to recongnize various crytals, lacking real world reformatting of their brain I suppose, I don't think it is all that far fetched. I read a book that suggested at one point in time we retained all of the memories necessary for survival from preceeding generations. Then our brains became so big there was no room for new information that was needed in the changing world. So a new breed developed that lacked the ancestral memories but had the ability to trigger the instinct for those memories, "to learn". Another book I read suggested that our brains are full of "triggers" like that, that serve some immense evolutional purpose, or maybe don't and are just side effects of the process.

The first book was a novel, Clan of the Cave Bear, so I suppose most people wouldn't take it all that serious. The second one was Prmitive Mythology by Joseph Campbell. Not a novel at all, but still a long ways from what most people call scientific facts. Still though, every thing we experience plays a part in the final analysis of what we are, and there are so many things we just don't know. Without hard evidence to dispute any theory, I don't think it can be dismissed as not factual, just not substantiated.




Objections

Post 24

paulie

also, it would be nice if you included a paragraph as to how the crytals are actually used. I mean do they just lay them on the offending part of the body, or do certain parts of the body prove more effective in certain treatments. Where did the practice originate, who mainly fostered it's popularity, stuff like that. Are the crystals terribly expensive, or the treatment? Do you buy your own and keep them or does the healer use theirs over and over on different people? I suppose I could look further into all that stuff myself, but I do think it could be a good guide entry if it were more complete.


Objections

Post 25

paulie

sorry, guess I got lost, I see it is already a guide entry. yall just ignore me okay? smiley - winkeye


Objections

Post 26

ChiKiSpirit -- A1008604

The best way to find out about crystals paulie, is to try them out yourself. You will find them when the time is right, if they are right for you, and they can cost anything from 50p (not expensive)

ChiKi smiley - smiley


Objections

Post 27

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

I don't believe that children know the differnce between cats and dogs by instinct, I also think that the basis behind crystal identification is learnt rather than some kind of sense (other than by colour). I also believe, from what I've read, that the principle basis behind the use of crystals in healing depends on its colour rather than what the crystal is. The elements that coulour chalcedony are trace elements, thats is, they make up less that 1 part per million of the total mass. The trace elements involved make no physical diffrence to the rock whatsoever, other than taint them a colour. Otherwise most of what crystal healers use is either corundum, Beryl or some form of silicon dioxide, with some of the nicer feldspars. It seems odd to me that ugly minerals are never used. I've never heard of crystal healers using crystals that are not precious or semi precious. Do lesser known, although still very avalable crystals that are too soft for everyday use have any effect?


Objections

Post 28

U2144927

year 1


Objections

Post 29

ChiKiSpirit

Well the proof is in the pudding (although I'm not too fat smiley - rofl) they are beginning to work in ways beyond your sceptical musings. smiley - rainbow


Objections

Post 30

Ladye_Seagull

Unfortunately there is always a down side.
cryptonite smiley - vampire I don't have any cryptonite. smiley - dontpanic


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more