A Conversation for What to Do when You Fail to Survive Death

Other green options

Post 1

Baron Grim

Akin to alkaline hydrolysis, promession is another option. Developed by a Swedish biologist, Susanne Wiigh-Mäsak, this basically consists of being freeze dried with liquid nitrogen then having your brittle corpsicle vibrated down to nutrient rich dust (and maybe a few leftover pieces of metal).

There is also sky burials. This is a Tibetan Buddhist method that entails basically a bit of ritual slicing and being left on a mountaintop to feed the birds. You can see examples if you google it.

Me personally, I'm planning something just a bit simpler if I can get the logistics and legalities worked out. In the 1980 film, Foxes, with Jody Foster and Scott Baio, they discuss a recently deceased friend, Annie (Cherie Currie). Jodie Foster's character recalls this story:

"Back in the heavy stoned days, when we used to stay up and talk a lot, Annie and me, we were talking about dying, how it feels and all. I said I'd never get buried. I couldn't stand them shoveling dirt in my face. Like, I know I'd be dead, but I still might have this strong compulsion to breathe, okay? But Annie, she said she wanted to be buried right in the ground under a pear tree. Really. Not in a box or anything. She said she wanted the roots going right through her, and each year, we'd come along, take a pear, and go "Hey, Annie's tasting good this year, huh?""



That's sounds good enough for me.

Anyway, thanks for an excellent guide entry. We need more like this. smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Other green options

More Conversations for What to Do when You Fail to Survive Death

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more