A Conversation for Trolls

The trolls on Mount Fløien

Post 1

Bumblebee

On my way home, I have to walk a little stretch from Fløibanen* on a little forrest road. The first times I went there after dark I had this uncanning feeling of being watched, the way you do when you walk alone on a forrest road after dark.... Then, on the third walk I suddently noticed a small family of trolls!
They were all very small and stumpy, for trolls to be, and they were to my surprise also very nervous.
Poor things, I thought, and mustering up what currage I had, I introduced myself and told them my business on the road so late at night. I also told them that I ment them no harm. It was rather dark at the time, but the trolls clearly relaxed and I think I saw a smile.
We chatted a bit before I went home. Turns out that joggers and people with dogs were a great problem.
Ever after, when I walk the forrest road after dark, and sense that the trolls are afraid and nervous, I call in a loud cheery voice and tell them it's only me, and that they have nothing to be afraid of.smiley - smiley

It's not easy to be a troll these days, with the cities growing and sivilisation sneeking up on you everywhere.
Where trolls used to live peacefully (after their fashion) people are building houses and freeways and malls. Soon there will be no trolls left anywhere.
Think about that.

*Fløibanen, the funicular in Bergen. An entry will come, eventually....


The trolls on Mount Fløien

Post 2

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

Apropos Fløibanen, I was a bit confused by the news a few days ago and you can undoubtedly set me straight. Is the funicular shutting down? Or are they simply replacing the carriages? I would think it impossible they'd shut down a tourist attraction like that, but the newspaper article didn't make it clear.


The trolls on Mount Fløien

Post 3

Bumblebee

Don't worry, they are only exchanging the old 1974 carriages for new and modern ones. This will be the fourth set of carriages since the opening in 1918. smiley - biggrin
http://www.floibanen.no/eng/default.asp

Smashing Troll-entry, by the way! Congrats! smiley - rosesmiley - bubbly


The trolls on Mount Fløien

Post 4

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

Phew. I'm relieved. I thought this would be the case, but the article didn't mention the new cars at all and confused me. smiley - smiley
And thank you for the pretty flower. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more