A Conversation for How to Break Up

General advice

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

This seems a wonderful and balanced source of advice. I would caution however that it is general advice and not a guideline for *all* breakups. If it was meant to include divorce or breakups after a very long relationship in any way it is again good but limited. Anger and pain can be held at bay but there are limits to patience and understanding. Response can be confrontational but not violent or hurtful. Conversation has two often opposite sides.


General advice

Post 2

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Absolutely true. The general idea for this entry was to try and get people to behave in a civil and diginfied way. Sometimes it's very hard, and the counterpart can really test your patience (case in point: my ex turned up at mine with a really huge hickey on his neck, and made a point of telling me that he had it done on purpose.) The general rules are, try to keep sane, never do anything you know you might regret later, and do not crawl. That said, some degree of nastiness is expected and probably tolerated.

Thanks for reading! smiley - smiley


General advice

Post 3

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

I think it was wonderful well thought out advice! Now just give me a minute so that I can print it out and tape it to the inside of my skull, for the next time that I am the dumper or the dumpee! smiley - ok


General advice

Post 4

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Thanks... now all it takes is for me to put it into practice! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post