Talking Point: Write Your Own Obituary

62 Conversations

Death browses the Obituaries page

There are few certainties in life, but you can always be certain of one thing - it's not going to last forever and the Grim Reaper will come calling for you1. However, not many of us will have the chance to hear and read what will be said about us. Mark Twain was in London when he read of his death in the New York Journal. He cabled the Editor the now infamous line 'The report of my death was an exaggeration'2. Here on h2g2, we are going to give you the opportunity to write your own obituary. After all who knows what they will write about you? The dead can't sue!

So how do you want to be remembered? What do you want to achieve with your remaining allotted time? What have you achieved so far? Do you want to be remembered as the winner of the world's largest lottery jackpot? The most beautiful person to have graced the red carpet of the Academy Awards? A Booker winning author or top international footballer? Some one loved and missed by family and friends? Make it truthful or aspirational, funny or serious. Here is your chance to determine how you will be remembered. Get writing!

A568721
1Many thanks to Amy the Ant for bringing Death to life in picture form!2This is normally misquoted as 'Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated'.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A788466

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more