A Conversation for Rockall

Men on the moon

Post 1

jasegroom

I don't remember the numbers, but I recall hearing that less people have set foot on Rockall than have walked on the moon. That is, of course, if you accept that man did actually land on the moon...


Men on the moon

Post 2

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I believe that the number of humans to walk on the Moon is 12.

If you are saying that you don't believe that humans have walked on the Moon, you are also claiming, by inference, that the U.S. Government is capable of keeping a secret involving over 250,000 participants (the number of people who were actively working on the "Moon Race" from 1962 to 1973) -- a clear impossibility! smiley - winkeye

SC smiley - planet


Men on the moon

Post 3

Woodpigeon

Or maybe its the landing on Rockall that's the myth, since much fewer people would have been involved in the operation smiley - winkeye...


Men on the moon

Post 4

Michael_Wiltshire

I am retired and I live in Wellington, New Zealand our nation's capital city. Together with a woman friend from Dunedin in the South Island we founded Balance, the New Zealand Bipolar National Network, linking support groups throughout the country. I am a published poet and in my younger days was a mountaineer mainly in the North Island of the country having climbed Ruapehu 2797m four times and Taranaki 2518m ten times.
Michael W


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more