A Conversation for The 2010 Isle of Wight Festival

Congratulations

Post 1

Icy North

This is a fabulous write-up - I really enjoyed reading it.

My daughter's into rock festivals now, but she's too young to go, so catches them on TV - I remember watching parts of this one with her.

When I was little we took family holidays to the Isle of Wight, and I distinctly remember the ferry to Ryde full of hippies in 1970.

smiley - cheers Icy


Congratulations

Post 2

Suzy

Festivals have such a good atmosphere though; i went to Moor Fest, even though my parents didn't advise it, and I wasn't really looking forward to the whole camping with a load of strangers round you, but it was such a good place to be. You meet so many good people.


Congratulations

Post 3

Bluebottle

That's ture - going to festivals are really good experiences and I think that the 2010 Isle of Wight Festival is one of the best I've been to. You can't quite recapture the atmosphere watching it on TV, but I enjoyed seeing it again and reliving the memories too.

<BB<


Congratulations

Post 4

Suzy

But the best thing about a festival, has to be when you get home and you can sleep in a warm bed, for probably the first time in a few days smiley - smiley


Congratulations

Post 5

Bluebottle

I've always had to catch the ferry back and go straight to work at 9am the following morning as I've not been able to book the Monday off work. Boo!

<BB<


Congratulations

Post 6

Suzy

That must be very annoying for you.
But I suppose it's good in the way that all your memories are fresh so you can tell them to all your workmates smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The 2010 Isle of Wight Festival

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more