A Conversation for The UK Fuel Protests of September 2000

"The Peoples' Fuel Consortium"

Post 1

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

Was it my imagination or did the main body behind the whole farce label themselves the "Peoples' Fuel Consortium" or something similarly deluded?

I remember watching a documentry on their organisation and execution of the blockades and comming to the inevitable conclusion that they were a few isolated rabble-rousers who had the grudging and half-hearted support of their fellow farmers, hauliers and taxi-drivers.

The simple fact that they had the audacity to proclaim themselves the voice of the people on their own authority and then set out to oppose the government of the country that was elected by democratic process made my blood boil.

This article makes valid and sound points about the economics of the situation in this bloody country where people live under the delusion that they can pay as little tax as possible and yet demand the best public services in the world.

Damn the so-called "Peoples' Fuel Consortium" and a pox on their houses.


"The Peoples' Fuel Consortium"

Post 2

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

I have to agree with your wholly balanced and reasonable assessment of the fuel protesters smiley - winkeye


"The Peoples' Fuel Consortium"

Post 3

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

They disgusted me...enough said!


Key: Complain about this post