A Conversation for 'Knightmare' - the Kids' TV Show

My day with the Dungeonmaster!

Post 1

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Recently I did a spot of acting for a forthcoming Doctor Who audio (in a 'cough-and-you'll-miss-it' role, in honesty), and was pleased to discover Hugo Myatt was one of the cast members. he was lovely - chatting about Knightmare, how he came to be cast as Treguard by accident and how the legions of kids who came through the auditions were sometimes hurriedly 'killed' if they seemed to be lacking any kind of TV spark ('Oh, it's the rotating blades - oooh NAAAASTY!').

So if any fans of his fancy listening to a Doctor Who drama that will no doubt mean nothing to anyone but the most ardent of fans, it's called 'Omega', scripted by Nev Fountain (one of the writers of 'Dead Ringers') and it's out in August.

http://www.doctorwho.co.uk/bf047_omega.htm


My day with the Dungeonmaster!

Post 2

Terran

I remember someone telling me once that he (Hugo Myatt - although my mate didn't know his real name) had once stood in as a teacher in a school in Liverpool. My mate was convinced that it was him, and when he finally asked the man if it was him and he replied "Well you'll have to ask Pickle about that one". I can only go off his word, but it would be nice if it were true.

This was a Great TV show. I did actually want to hurry home from school just to watch this. I remember being really disapointed when it didn't come back.


Key: Complain about this post

My day with the Dungeonmaster!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more