A Conversation for Portland, Oregon, USA

Henry Weinhard's

Post 1

dougx

...was a good first stop, being next to Powell's city of Books. For the past two years, howevwer, it was just a big hole in the ground and is now a organic grocery store and yuppie apartment complex. Powell's is still a great stop. Unfortunately, Henry's no longer calls PDX home.


Henry Weinhard's

Post 2

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I remember the commercials from when I was little. I don't recall if I ever tried any.


Henry Weinhard's

Post 3

The Dali Llama

Unfortunately, Henry's has been bought out by Miller, or Busch or one of those and now tastes like rat urine.


Henry Weinhard's

Post 4

The Dali Llama

Unfortunately, Henry's has been bought out by Miller, or Busch or one of those and now tastes like rat urine.


Henry Weinhard's

Post 5

ouiskiandzoda

My Great-Grandfather worked at the Weinhard Brewery. Some say he was a carpenter, some say he was a brewmeister. I tend to believe carpenter. He was a Volga German, and lived part of the time in Albina (for many years referred to as "Little Russia") and part of the time in Idaho.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more