A Conversation for How to Make your own Atom Bomb

Wow

Post 1

Wonderful, Maker of the Distillery, Muse of Indefinate Concepts and Provider of Imp Powered Spacecraft

How did they allow this on the guide?

As for obtaining the information it takes very little time, very little expertise and experience toassemble it all. It is awful in both senses of the word.


Wow

Post 2

Sam

Hello Wonderful,

The reason we let this in is simply because it is, in reality, quite tricky getting hold of uranium and plutonium. The entry's different to one we had on Molotov cocktails recently because the ingredients needed to make one of these are very easy to obtain, so we had to be careful about the wording on that one. The entry also left out quite a bit of important information too, information which I alone know, for I'm about to blow up the world! (*swivels round on chair, stroking white cat*) Mwahahahahahah!

Only joking. smiley - smiley If someone was actually serious about making a nuclear device, the authorities would probably already know about them or their group already. And they certainly wouldn't be coming to h2g2 to find out exactly how to make a nuclear bomb.

I do take your point though, that it is *relatively* easier for the nutters of the world to get their hands on uranium and plutonium. You'd just need more than this entry tells you to actually make the bomb.

See you around site!

Sam. smiley - smiley


Wow

Post 3

Wonderful, Maker of the Distillery, Muse of Indefinate Concepts and Provider of Imp Powered Spacecraft

Yes, it is more the meer thought of exactly the level of technoloy required, it is not exactly what you expect.....


Wow

Post 4

Whisky

Thanks Sam smiley - winkeye


Wow

Post 5

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

Excellent entry, and quite a wake-up call.

(smiley - yikes Better hide my drainage pipe, someone might build a bomb with it...)

What's the photoelectric cell for?


Wow

Post 6

Wonderful, Maker of the Distillery, Muse of Indefinate Concepts and Provider of Imp Powered Spacecraft

He sayes with notepad and sketches in handsmiley - biggrin


Wow

Post 7

Whisky

Sorry for not answering earlier, the photo electric cell is used to trigger the neutron emitter at exactly the right moment. Remember that we are dealing with two, barely-sub-critical masses of fissile material. If they were to be bombarded by neutrons before they actualy made contact they could quite possibly start a chain reaction themselves - which, although it probably wouldn't lead to a full-scale explosion, would probably make a nasty mess on the carpet.


Wow

Post 8

Wonderful, Maker of the Distillery, Muse of Indefinate Concepts and Provider of Imp Powered Spacecraft

Hmm, might kill the Terrorist tho.

At a slight tangent does anybody rememebr the teeagers in america that built a nuclear reactor in a back shed of a quiet town a while back?


Key: Complain about this post