A Conversation for Star Trek Movies

Aa sure as odd numbered movies are crap

Post 1

Alfster

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7041249.stm

'Hot Fuzz star Simon Pegg is poised to play Scotty in the new Star Trek movie. Star Trek's 11th big screen outing.'

Of course the Irony is that he did pen the immortal line in Spaced: 'As sure as every odd numbered Star Trek movie is shite'...and then listed them on the factoid subtitle trackon the DVD...he's gonna be in a shite one...BUT he's in one..dude!!!!


Aa sure as odd numbered movies are crap

Post 2

acropoyds

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembered that quote being on this entry. But I'm gutted that I'm not the first one to point it out!

Good luck to Simon, and at least if his film career goes pear shaped, he has a lifetime of work ahead of him doing Trek conventions!

There's worse roles to be given in Star Trek. Anything that involves being a latex clad alien usually meant 12 hours in costume without a bathroom break. At least his costume will have a zip!


Aa sure as odd numbered movies are crap

Post 3

Alfster

Wow! Actually I didn't know the quote was there I just found the first Trek related thread to stick the news on to! It is a SoRB entry so I should have known it was going to be on there.


Aa sure as odd numbered movies are crap

Post 4

The Twiggster


I recently heard a wonderful theory, and it goes like this:

First Contact was even numbered and good... on that we can agree.
Insurrection was odd numbered and not good... fine.

This is where it SEEMS to break down, because Nemesis was even numbered, but NOT good, and the reboot was ODD numbered, but great.

BUT...

Consider: there was ANOTHER Star Trek movie produced BETWEEN Insurrection and Nemesis! They just confused us all by not actually calling it Star Trek.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: GALAXY QUEST, the ACTUAL tenth Star Trek movie, utterly brilliant, and saviour of the pattern.

Because of course now Nemesis is an odd number, and rubbish, and the reboot is actually number 12, even, and good.

Of course, that does mean the reboot sequel is likely to be pants... we'll see.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more