A Conversation for Ouija Boards

Personal Experience

Post 1

Huw B

I used a 'Ouija Board' once and wouldn't do so again as my feeling of the experience was that it was rubbish.

Don't get me wrong - it worked to a certain extent. Quite drunk we created a 'board' on a wooden table formed from letters on a scrap of paper. Placing fingers on an upturned small cheap plastic shot glass we then asked questions and the glass began to move.

The glass had 4 fingers on it to begin and this changed, going down to 2 (with me as one of the 2) at one point. The board was asked general/simple questions which seemed to be answered correctly. Personal questions were asked which I was told were answered correctly. When my turn came I asked a simple question that no-one there should know, and only myself and one other had their index finger on the moving glass. The answer was correct.
I then became slightly devious (due to personal irreverent nature and scientific attitude). I asked another verbal question of my late grandfather which no-one outside of 4 living relatives could answer - something minor and irrelevant which I had told none of my friends. I then 'cheated' by specifically thinking of the WRONG answer and trying to mentally 'push' this WITHOUT forcing my finger. The wrong answer was spelt out.

During the whole of this experience I TRULY felt like my finger was following the cup, not the other way round; I was focusing on this for several minutes yet seemed to apply nothing but a conscious small amount of downward pressure. What was the truth? In simple terms I would suggest one of three answers:-
1 There was a supernatural force or source of information in control and I had confused/coerced it by banishing all but the WRONG answer from my mind.
2 There was no external force; it was being moved by our own minds and I had psychically forced it to spell the wrong answer.
3 No external or psychic powers - despite how it appeared the glass was in truth being moved only by our downward-pressing fingers without us realising. I had simply moved the cup to the 'wrong' answer without feeling I had done so.

The 3rd answer seems to me correct although I have to say in no other cntext do I believe I could push a glass around a table without realising what I was doing. Who knows?

Whatever else, although the experience did disturb me a little at the time it has made me less worried about Ouija Boards since either (a) I am a powerful telekinetic (b) I can control/confuse spirits (c) it's all a load of rubbish.

(a) and (b) sound exciting but I'd definitely bet on (c)!


Personal Experience

Post 2

Arianrhod

I'm dubious too, as i don't believe in ghosts and stuff. I would like to use a board to see what would happen, but i think it likely nothing would happen.


Personal Experience

Post 3

shinigami_nataku

We tried using a Ouija board at a party once but nothing happened. I really think that we should try it again. It would be much more interesting if the glass actually moved.


Personal Experience

Post 4

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

I used a Ouija board once, on the Internet. I was bored, thought it would be fun and I was on my own in the house. Never again. Strange noises, which were probably the boiler, shared the shit out of me and I didn't sleep for a week.

Scary crap, but I did come across a coupla friendly guys. That didn't scare me so much.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more