A Conversation for Seasonal Gardening Timetable

Snowdrops & Daffodils (Moving/Splitting)

Post 1

Lady of the Lake {A friend to all, a lover of none}

Snowdrops - Never move or split clumps of snowdrops when they are in flower. The best time to move and split them is just after the flowers have died and before the green leaves die back, this will give you a better show the following year.

Daffodils - Never split or move Daffodils until the flowering process is over and the leaves have died back. A good way of planting your daffs is in a large flower pot which is sunk into the ground, at the end of each season lift the pot and split the bulbs into more pots which can then be sunk back into your garden.


Snowdrops & Daffodils (Moving/Splitting)

Post 2

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Whenever my granddad used to lift bulbs and corms he gave them a good dusting with Flowers of Sulphur (what else?!). This prevented them from being attacked by mould during the damp winter months.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more