A Conversation for The Quaker Peace Testament

Quaker Peace Testimony

Post 1

Researcher 197639

I hope this is the right place to post this message - I'm a newcomer and a little confused. I'm also a Quaker involved in peace stuff so was pleased to see this piece. But strictly speaking what we talk about is the peace testimony rather than testament. I think it's important not just from a semantic point of view - a testament sounds a bit final and set down, whereas a testimony is an active ongoing thing... and as Quakers we are ongoing and still doing that peace thing. Can I post another web address here? Another handy little intro to all this can be found at http://www.quaker.org.uk/more/qviews/qtestim2.html.

Hope this helps.


Quaker Peace Testimony

Post 2

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
Researcher 197639
would go back to their own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self, as this will activate your page and then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic



Quaker Peace Testimony

Post 3

Marj

this may be an old conversation but . . .
I agree. Testimony is the word I have always used, and heard used, and yes, testament implies finality and finishedness. Testimony is better.


Quaker Peace Testimony

Post 4

RainbowMovement

smiley - rainbow
The Quaker Movement is one movement that is deserving of praise. The world needs peacemakers, and therefore we should all strive for peace. When we talk about peace however, we must realise that we need first to respect one another more, for without respect, can we truly live in peace?
smiley - rainbow
The power to forgive comes through respect, for respect comes through love, and love is the power that change lives. We see so much pain and suffering in our world, thanks to the media, but are they as quick to show the hands of love working in the world?
smiley - rainbow
We need to focus more on the hand of love working in our world before people become desensitised by all the violence. BBC - Please set an example to the media and focus more on positive news stories!
smiley - rainbow
Love from Tony.
smiley - rainbow


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more