Christmas Jokes - Part III

2 Conversations

So Long And Thanks For Laughing

25 Ways to Torture Your Roommate At Christmas

    Man in a winter coat singing
  1. Claim you were a Christmas tree in your former life. If s/he
    tries to bring one into the room, scream bloody murder and thrash
    on the floor.

  2. Go to the mall with your roommate and sit on Father Christmas's lap.
    Refuse to get off.

  3. Wear a Father Christmas smiley - santa suit all the time. Deny you're wearing it.

  4. Sit in a corner in the fetal position rocking back and forth
    chanting, "Santa Claus is coming to town, Santa Claus is coming
    to town..."

  5. Hang mistle-toe in the doorway. When your roommate enters or
    leaves the room, plant a wet one on his/her lips.

  6. Hang a stocking with your roommates name on it. Collect coal
    and sharp objects in it. If s/he asks, say "you've been very
    naughty this year."

  7. Paint your nose red and wear antlers. Constantly complain
    about how you never get to join in on the reindeer games.

  8. Make conversation out of Christmas Carols.1Scientist holding mini Father Christmas in a conical flask.
  9. Wrap yourself in Christmas lights and roll around in the snow.

  10. smiley - whistleSing: "All I want for Christmas is my roommate's two front teeth..."smiley - musicalnote
  11. Give your roommate the gifts smiley - gift from the twelve days of Christmas song.

  12. Build a snowperson smiley - snowman with your roommate and place a hat on its
    head. When it doesn't come to life, cry hysterically "it didn't
    work!"

  13. Whip your roommate screaming "now Dasher, now Dancer, now
    Donner, and Blitzen, etc."smiley - reindeer
  14. Tear down all your roommate's Christmas decorations yelling
    "Bah Humbug!"

  15. Wake up every morning screaming smiley - ghostGhost of Christmas Future, please have mercy on my soul!"

  16. Tell your roommate you're moving out. Father Christmas is buying you a house on 34th Street.

  17. Pin a pointsetta to your lapel.

  18. Make anatomically correct gingerbread people and eat the best
    parts first.

  19. Put on a fake white beard and insist that all your roommate's
    friends "give it a yank."

  20. Ring jingle bells maniacally saying "every time a bell rings
    an angel smiley - angelgets his wings."

  21. Stand in front of the mirror reciting "How the Grinch Stole
    Christmas" over and over in your underwear.

  22. Smoke mistle-toe. Do what comes naturally.

  23. Watch your roommate when s/he is sleeping. When s/he wakes up
    sing, "he sees you when you're sleeping..."

  24. Steal a life size nativity scene and display it in your room.
    When your roommate asks, tell him/her "I had to let them stay
    here, there's no room at the inn."

  25. When your roommate goes to the bathroom, rearrange his/her
    possessions. Tell him/her that Santa's elves smiley - elf must have done it.

Christmas Forecast

A chopping board

Turkeys will thaw in the morning, then warm in the oven to an afternoon high near 190F. The kitchen will turn hot and humid, and if you bother the cook, be ready for a severe squall or cold shoulder.

During the late afternoon and evening, the cold front of a knife will slice through the turkey, causing an accumulation of one to two inches on plates. Mashed potatoes will drift across one side while cranberry sauce creates slippery spots on the other. Please pass the gravy.

An old-fashioned alarm clock in front of a bubbling saucepan

A weight watch and indigestion warning have been issued for the entire area, with increased stuffiness around the beltway. During the evening, the turkey will diminish and taper off to leftovers, dropping to a low of 34F in the refrigerator.

Looking ahead to Boxing Day and the New Year, high pressure to eat sandwiches will be established. Flurries of leftovers can be expected with a 50 percent chance of scattered soup late in the day. We expect
a warming trend where soup develops. By early next year, eating pressure will be low as the only wish left after Christmas will be the bone.

Is Father Christmas Female?

Father Christmas?

I hate to be the one to defy sacred myth, but I believe he's a she.

Think about it. Christmas is a big, organized, warm, fuzzy, nurturing social deal, and I have a tough time believing a guy could possibly pull it all off!

For starters, the vast majority of men don't even think about selecting gifts until Christmas Eve. It's as if they are all frozen in some kind of Ebenezerian Time Warp until 3 p.m. on Dec. 24th, when they - with amazing calm - call other errant men and plan for a last-minute shopping spree.

Once at the shops, they always seem surprised to find only Ronco
products, socket wrench sets and mood rings left on the shelves. (You
might think this would send them into a fit of panic and guilt, but my
husband tells me it's an enormous relief because it lessens the 11th-hour decision-making burden.) On this count alone, I'm convinced Father Christmas is a woman.

Surely, if he were a man, everyone in the universe would wake up
Christmas morning to find a rotating musical Chia Pet under the tree,
still in the bag.

Christmas

Another problem for a he-Santa would be getting there. First of all, there would be no reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted, and strapped on to the rear bumper of the sleigh, amid wide-eyed, desperate claims that buck season had been extended. Blitzen's rack would already be on the way to the taxidermist.

Even if the male Santa did have reindeer, he'd still have transportation problems because he would inevitably get lost in the snow and clouds, and then refuse to stop and ask for directions.

Add to this the fact that there would be unavoidable delays in the
chimney, where the Bob Vila-like Santa would stop to inspect and repoint bricks in the flue. He would also need to check for carbon monoxide fumes in every gas fireplace, and get under every Christmas tree that is crooked to straighten it to a perfectly upright 90-degree angle.

Other reasons why Santa can't possibly be a man:

  • Men can't pack a bag.
  • Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.
  • Men would feel their masculinity is threatened, having to be seen with all those elves.
  • Men don't answer their mail.
  • Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described, even in
    jest, as anything remotely resembling a "bowlful of jelly."
  • Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.

I can buy the fact that other mythical holiday characters are men.
Father Time shows up once a year unshaven and looking ominous. Definite guy. Cupid flies around carrying weapons. Uncle Sam is a politician who likes to point fingers. Any one of these individuals could pass the testosterone screening test. But not St. Nick. Not a chance.

So Long And Thanks For Laughing
1I.E. "You know, I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus underneath the mistle-toe last night."

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A617672

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more