A Conversation for Farm Animals and their Names

Horses

Post 1

Vieneriffic

A very impressive entry, I feel, especially where cattle are concerned, but I was somewhat aggrieved to find your "Horses" description somewhat lacking. What about hunters (refined leggy horses good for foxhunting/jumper work)? And hacks (smaller, fine-boned horses bred for children, ladies, and carriage work)? And the biggie, draft horses/drafters (heavy, "coldblooded" horses ideal for farm work, often topping 18 hands)? Also your filly/colt standard was kind of vague: Fillies and colts are female and male horses under four years of age. (Really I could blab on forever about horses, but I figured I'd just put down some of the crucial "base" points.) Other than that, I liked your entry quite a bit, and you've certainly got the rest of the hoofstock down pat! Keep up the good work--maybe we'll hear an entry from you on farm life/machinery/farming techniques--or what to look for when buying livestock? I hope so!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more